Senior Consultant - Data Engineer, Financial Crime Analytics (Future Opportunity)
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 122099
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it.
What are we looking for?
- Are you passionate about developing creative data driven solutions to fight Financial Crime?
- Do you live to use Data Transformation, Modeling or Cloud to solve complex challenges?
- Does the idea of working in a collaborative & nurturing environment motivates you?
If it’s a Yes, then Financial Crime Analytics team @ Deloitte is where you want to be. We are equally excited to meet you and hear your story!
Please note that successful candidates will be contacted around June/July 2023 for an interview.
About the team
Innovation and empowerment are fundamental to our team culture, and we believe in breaking the boundaries of possibility to combat Financial Crime. We are a team that is diverse culturally, academically, and professionally and we envision to grow the team on the same principles.
Join a team where you -
- Experience an agile work environment - work is what you do and not where you do it
- Have reduced hours or seasonal work which supports you meeting your own personal goals
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Are encouraged to deepen your technical skills that you are most interested in which also align to our business needs. There’s much more! Read details about the Top 10 Reasons to Join Our Firm | Deloitte Canada | Careers.
What will your typical day look like?
• Developing ETL/ELT processes to ingest large, complex, and diverse datasets into NoSQL/Graph databases to generate real-time investigation networks
• Leading the design of scalable stream and batch data pipelines
• Collaborating with DevOps to architect and configure cloud development environments
• Partnering with advanced analytics teams to launch novel solutions using the latest technologies
• Evaluating client issues and participating in client presentations
• Assisting in different areas of project management
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
Deloitte Financial Crime Analytics practice uses a broad stack of analytic and data technologies. As a Senior Consultant in Data Engineering, you will be working on developing solutions based on analytical insights & models leveraging the following tools & technologies:
- Scripting – Scala, Java, Python, Bash, SQL
- Big Data Processing – Spark, AWS EMR, Azure HD Insight, Google Cloud Dataproc, Databricks
- Pipeline Development – AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory, Google Cloud Dataflow, Airflow, Flink
- Databases – MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Neo4J
- DevOps – Git
- A bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in one of the following quantitative disciplines such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Computer Science, or other quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of experience querying and analyzing big data using SQL
- Proven experience in building data pipelines and managing data models
- Proven experience in manipulating data through cleansing, parsing, standardizing to improve data integrity using a scripting language (e.g. Python, Scala, Spark or SQL)
- Understanding of cloud resources on GCP, Azure or AWS environments
Nice to Have
- Working knowledge of NoSQL databases and front-end technologies such as HTML and TypeScript
- Familiar with Object-Oriented and Functional programming paradigms
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management and testing
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Something looks off?