Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2023
Dark Slope is an entertainment company with a singular focus to make the impossible, possible. With advanced motion capture and virtual production technologies, Dark Slope develops genre defining television programs and unforgettable immersive games for our original IP, co-productions and clients including NBC Universal, Nickelodeon, MTV, Warner Media, NBC, and TVOntario amongst others. Dark Slope is recognized as a Realscreen Trailblazer for its impact on the scripted and unscripted industries (2023), as well as a North America Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ (2022) and Canadian Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ (2022) company.
Dark Slope is seeking a Technical Director to join us in delivering the next generation of entertainment experiences! This role is responsible for the technical leadership of our production teams to deliver innovative VR and AR projects. The Technical Director supports studio programmers and technical requirements across multiple games to help build exciting and successful experiences. As a leader, you foster a safe and inclusive work environment for the entire tech discipline and contribute to the company culture. The Technical Director also focuses on building Dark Slope’s Metaverse infrastructure.
- Provide technical direction on project decisions, determine technology and infrastructure best suited for each project
- Understand project briefs and work alongside producers, product owners and team members to develop plans, schedules, and targets as required during the project
- Analyze and challenge processes to increase efficiency and cost-effectiveness, creating best practices for all projects and the business unit
- Communicate with internal teams (including leadership), clients and other stakeholders and facilitate communication between internal teams
- Assist in resourcing, recruiting and employee development to build the project teams
- Support Producer/PO in maintaining team morale and managing/evaluating performance, providing constructive feedback when needed
- Lead and manage external development teams
- Setup and grow the internal programming team
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years of leadership experience in the games industry, and experience in a similar role
- Significant understanding of Unreal Engine architecture, C++, Multiplayer, Build Systems, Cross Platform development, packaging, continuous deployment, and commercial deployment to consumer app stores
- Experience in at least one shipped GAAS product
- Exceptional management, problem-solving and communication skills
- Previous experience working with Unreal Engine and a strong understanding of its mechanics
- 5+ years of professional C++ programming skills and Object Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of programming languages and software engineering practices
- Legal authorization to work in Canada
Useful Skills & Experience
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineers, or equivalent
- Interest in persistent worlds, multiplayer and cloud computing
- Passion for VR/AR and games
- Candidates who are legally permitted to work in Canada are preferred, but our first priority is hiring the best people we can find
At Dark Slope, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all candidates, and we recognize the importance of diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We appreciate unique perspectives that stem from diverse lived experiences. We prioritize transparency in all aspects of our operations and work to maintain an open, honest, and efficient workplace. We encourage unconventional thinking, and we are willing to accommodate your individual needs to support your success. Dark Slope is happy to work with applicants who require accommodations at any point during the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
See more open positions at Dark Slope
Something looks off?