Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2023
Dark Slope is an entertainment company with a singular focus to make the impossible, possible. With advanced motion capture and virtual production technologies, Dark Slope develops genre defining television programs and unforgettable immersive games for our original IP, co-productions and clients including NBC Universal, Nickelodeon, MTV, Warner Media, NBC, and TVOntario amongst others. Dark Slope is recognized as a Realscreen Trailblazer for its impact on the scripted and unscripted industries (2023), as well as a North America Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ (2022) and Canadian Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ (2022) company.
Dark Slope is seeking Junior to Intermediate Unreal Engine Game Developers with a passion for building compelling VR games and experiences. We are looking for systems-oriented individuals with experience in C++ development in UE. Our developers work on small teams, have lots of responsibility and are recognized for their incredible work. This is a great opportunity for developers looking to have creative input and play an important role in a project.
- Develop systems to support the functionality of games and ensure their integration (engine, gameplay, AI, sound, animation, FX etc.)
- Collaborate with designers and artists to implement and refine gameplay features
- Participate in all project phases, from concept to maintenance
- Ensure timely and high-quality modular software development, including code reviews and testing
- Independently implement complex components of interactive applications
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- 2+ years of C++ development in Unreal Engine
- Thorough understanding of UE4 architecture and preferred pipelines
- Ability to write clear, maintainable and optimized code
- Ability to work on a team, preferably in an agile environment such as Scrum or Kanban
- Legally authorized to work in Canada and located in Canada
Useful Skills & Experience
- Good understanding of VR gameplay technologies and interaction
- VR/AR experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience with Meta Quest 2 platform
- Perforce experience
- Mobile (Android/IOS) experience
At Dark Slope, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all candidates, and we recognize the importance of diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We appreciate unique perspectives that stem from diverse lived experiences. We prioritize transparency in all aspects of our operations and work to maintain an open, honest, and efficient workplace. We encourage unconventional thinking, and we are willing to accommodate your individual needs to support your success. Dark Slope is happy to work with applicants who require accommodations at any point during the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
See more open positions at Dark Slope
Something looks off?