Senior Embedded Software Engineer - BMS
Damon is an award-winning electric motorcycle manufacturer founded in 2017 and is dedicated to building the future of motorcycling. Our vision is one of smarter, safer, more exhilarating, and more personal riding experiences.
We are looking to add a Senior Embedded Software Engineer - BMS to the Damon team - if you are ready to push beyond the limits & do your best work. You may not have all the requirements but if you feel like you would be a good fit and are eager to learn, we want to hear from YOU!
As the Senior Embedded Software Engineer - BMS, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing embedded software systems for Damon’s battery management system (BMS). Active participation in defining the software and hardware interfaces and requirements is expected, as well as working with product management and customers to shape our products.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, implement and test BMS control and state estimation algorithms.
- Design, prototype, implement, test and document embedded software systems.
- Perform hands-on hardware bring up and system debugging.
- Work with cross-functional teams to solve complex problems in innovative ways.
- Estimate timelines and provide risk assessments for planning and tracking work.
- Provide feedback for improvement of processes.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- 5+ years experience in embedded software development and system design in C.
- Experience with battery management concepts and BMS systems.
- Experience developing software for RTOS and/or bare-metal systems.
- Experience with a variety of hardware interfaces and software protocols (CAN, DMA, I2C, SPI, differential signalling)
- Experience with hardware lab tools (oscilloscopes, signal analyzers, etc).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive attitude and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Travel to Damon's US office may be required.
(You may not have all the requirements but if you feel like you would be a good fit and are eager to learn, we would be happy to speak with you)
Nice to Haves:
- Proficiency with MATLAB/Simulink or equivalent tool.
- Experience with Arm Cortex-M microcontrollers (STM32, S32K).
- Experience in system architecture designs.
- Experience with software development tools (automated builds, static code analysis, unit testing) and industry best practices.
- Experience with CAN networking tools (BUSMASTER, PCAN-View, Vector CANape, etc).
- Experience optimizing embedded software systems.
- Experience with automotive and Functional Safety concepts (ISO 26262).
- Experience with cybersecurity (understanding symmetric and asymmetric authentication).
- Experience with QP/C.
- Motorcycle riding experience.
- Electric vehicle experience.
- Open vacation
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Stock options
- Optional motorcycle riding school
- Supportive work environment
To apply, please complete an application via our website https://damon.com/careers & click on View Open Roles, select the role you wish to apply for & then click on Apply for this Job.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.