Embedded Software Engineer
Damon is an award-winning electric motorcycle manufacturer founded in 2017 and is dedicated to building the future of motorcycling. Our vision is one of smarter, safer, more exhilarating, and more personal riding experiences.
We are looking to add an Embedded Software Architect to the Damon team - if you are ready to push beyond the limits & do your best work. You may not have all the requirements but if you feel like you would be a good fit and are eager to learn, we want to hear from YOU!
As the Embedded Software Architect, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing embedded software systems on Damon’s motorcycles. Active participation in defining the software and hardware interfaces and requirements is expected, as well as working with product management and customers to shape our products.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, prototype, implement, test and document embedded software systems.
- Work with cross-functional teams to solve complex problems in innovative ways.
- Perform hands-on hardware bring up and system debugging.
- Estimate timelines and provide risk assessments for planning and tracking work.
- Provide feedback for improvement of processes.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- 8+ years’ experience in embedded software development and system design in C or C++.
- Experience using standard software design patterns and layering.
- Experience developing software for Linux and/or RTOS operating systems
- Experience with Arm Cortex microcontrollers (STM32, S32K, S32G, iMX8).
- Experience with a variety of hardware interfaces and software protocols (CAN, DMA, I2C, SPI, differential signalling)
- Experience with hardware lab tools (oscilloscopes, signal analyzers, etc).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive attitude and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Travel to Damon's US office may be required.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with automotive and Functional Safety concepts (ISO 26262).
- Experience with cybersecurity (understanding symmetric and asymmetric authentication).
- Proficiency with MATLAB/Simulink or equivalent tool.
- Experience with software development tools (automated builds, static code analysis, unit testing) and industry best practices.
- Experience with CAN networking tools (BUSMASTER, PCAN-View, Vector CANape, etc).
- Experience with CAN, Ethernet, UDS, ZMQ, MQTT.
- Motorcycle riding experience.
- Electric vehicle experience.
- Open vacation
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Stock options
- Optional motorcycle riding school
- Supportive work environment
To apply, please complete an application via our website https://damon.com/careers & click on View Open Roles, select the role you wish to apply for & then click on Apply for this Job.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.