Vehicle Test Engineer
Damon is an award-winning electric motorcycle manufacturer founded in 2017 by serial entrepreneurs & avid motorcyclists, Jay Giraud and Dom Kwong. Damon is dedicated to building the future of motorcycling. Our vision is one of smarter, safer, more exhilarating, and more personal riding experiences.
Designed for performance, every Damon motorcycle is powered by HyperDrive™, the world’s first all-electric multi-variant powertrain platform. Additionally, they are fitted with our proprietary on-the-fly adjustable ergonomics technology, Shift™, and 360° Advanced Warning System for Motorcycles (AWSM™). We're the first to use deep technology & AI, so that with every ride a Damon bike evolves to more tightly understand the rider.
We are looking to add a Vehicle Test Engineer to the Damon team - if you are ready to push beyond the limits & do your best work - we want to hear from YOU!
As the Vehicle Test Engineer, you will be responsible for carrying out vehicle level validation activities, developing design verification procedures and supporting product development from concept through to production launch.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with function groups on design concepts, design reviews, DFMEA’s and DVP requirements.
- Establish and maintain design verification test procedures to support development at each vehicle build phase.
- Log and maintain test equipment ensuring correct and up to date calibrations.
- Maintain vehicle testing schedule ensuring the vehicles are well maintained, clean and fit for testing.
- Form and maintain relationships with suppliers and proving grounds.
- Prepare short term and long term plans, statements of work, and budgets for testing activities.
- Support any other activities as directed by management.
- Domestic and International travel as required to support vehicle test activities.
- Author vehicle test plans, analysis of validation test data, preparation of testing reports, timely and effective communication of test results to function groups and management.
- Ensure vehicles are equipped with the correct instrumentation for the relevant DVP activity.
- Support component level validation activities where required.
- Identify individual instrumentation requirements and additional test equipment required to complete DVP test activities.
- Work with function groups to understand and set test requirements and targets for system and vehicle level verification criteria.
- Degree in mechanical/automotive or mechatronics engineering preferred.
- Battery electric vehicle powertrain experience an asset.
- Previous experience working with Vector tools and software considered an asset.
- Knowledge of industry test processes.
- Knowledge of SAE/ISO standards to support test plan design.
- Knowledge of CAD systems (Catia/Solidworks) considered an asset.
- Excellent English communication skills required, both verbal and written.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours to ensure development activities are carried out as and when required.
- Highly organized, methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong desire to see tasks through to completion.
- Travel may be required.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of self-motivation, flexibility and initiative.
- Flexible approach to travel within Canada, USA, and Europe.
- Clean DMV record required. Motorcycle license considered an asset but not required.
- Collaborative team player.
- Python/C/C++/ MatLab skills considered an asset.
- Knowledge of homologation or regulatory requirements for the motorcycle industry considered an asset.
- Previous experience instrumenting vehicles for full suite of DAQ measurements. Powertrain, Chassis, Emissions.
- Familiarity with CANbus and EtherCAT communication protocols supporting data acquisition set-up.
- 4+ years’ experience with product validation.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Travel Benefits
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Optional Motorcycle Riding school
- Supportive work environment
- Training & Development Program
To apply, please complete an application via our website https://damon.com/careers & click on View Open Roles, select the role you wish to apply for & then click on Apply for this Job.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.