Project Lead Engineer - Vehicle
Damon is an award-winning electric motorcycle manufacturer founded in 2017 by serial entrepreneurs & avid motorcyclists, Jay Giraud and Dom Kwong. Damon is dedicated to building the future of motorcycling. Our vision is one of smarter, safer, more exhilarating, and more personal riding experiences.
Designed for performance, every Damon motorcycle is powered by HyperDrive™, the world’s first all-electric multi-variant powertrain platform. Additionally, they are fitted with our proprietary on-the-fly adjustable ergonomics technology, Shift™, and 360° Advanced Warning System for Motorcycles (AWSM™). We're the first to use deep technology & AI, so that with every ride a Damon bike evolves to more tightly understand the rider.
We are looking to add a Project Lead Engineer - Vehicle to the Damon team - if you are ready to push beyond the limits & do your best work - we want to hear from YOU!
As the Project Lead Engineer - Vehicle, you will take the lead and responsibility for engineering projects inside and outside of Damon. You will make sure these projects meet the schedule, the quality expectations, the costs and the requirements defined by Damon. Furthermore, you will be the liaison for our suppliers in technical questions which will also include on-site meetings.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead various engineering projects within Damon and with suppliers.
- Work with engineering teams in the US, Canada, and Europe to release, manufacture, and continuously improve designs and reduce cost.
- Work with Product Management to define requirements and improve user experience.
- Estimate timelines and provide risk assessments for planning and tracking work.
- Work with manufacturing teams and suppliers to address DFM feedback and ensure components meet requirements.
- Take part in the DFMEA process.
- Support supply chain & procurement team to meet deadlines and ensure component availability.
- Work with cross-functional teams to solve complex problems in innovative ways.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Work experience with SolidWorks. Catia is a plus.
- 5+ years of related design and development experience in high volume manufacturing.
- 2+ years of designing electromechanical products, including high voltage systems.
- Experience in mechanical analysis, manufacturing processes such as plastic injection molding/die casting/sheet metal, and failure analysis such as fishbone diagram.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, especially for a remote position.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
To apply, please complete an application via our website https://damon.com/careers & click on View Open Roles, select the role you wish to apply for & then click on Apply for this Job.