Learning Administration Manager -Bilingual (fluent in both Dutch and English)
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
The Learning Administration Manager is a highly trained individual who will be tasked with administering the Brightspace Learning Environment for D2L’s Education and Corporate customers. The Learning Administration Manager serves a vital role in supporting the Brightspace Learning Environment while keeping customer success and satisfaction as a key business driver. Engaging with a skilled Learning Administration Manager allows customers to focus on mission-critical business knowing the Brightspace Learning Environment is well managed. The Learning Administration Manager will effectively implement strategies to maintain customer satisfaction. In addition to working with their own accounts, the Learning Administration manager will share product, technical and process knowledge with other team members to strengthen our ability to successfully engage our customers.
Major Responsibilities (How Will I Make an Impact?):
- Work as a Named Resource for a group of D2L customers in administering their Brightspace Learning Environment
- Complete D2L training to become fully Brightspace Certified
- Maintain and expand knowledge of the Brightspace Learning Environment, as well as other products offered by D2L
- Leverage customer relationships to create and enhance internal processes that encourage better knowledge of, attention to and addressing of customer needs
- Own outcomes vs tasks
- Focus relentlessly on exceptional stakeholders’ experience
- Make clear decisions in a timely manner
- Challenge the status quo – make enhancement and improvement suggestions
- Identify conflicting priorities and take ownership for resolving them
- Treat people with respect and courtesy
- Invest time and resources to grow and develop
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
- Ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure
- Good project, organization and time management
- Good in relationship building and conflict negotiation
- Good written and verbal communication capabilities, including the ability to present technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Self-starter, capable of working independently and remotely when needed
- Ability to think critically; to identify problems and to generate, evaluate and implement solutions in real-time
- Ability to manage challenging conversations with customers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to work with at risk customers to address areas of concern and increase customer satisfaction
- Strong collaborator and team player
- Ability to focus on career and professional development in addition to ensuring customer satisfaction
- Good in networking with colleagues to build connections across D2L, furthering knowledge on and awareness of the LAM program
- Ability to communicate with senior leadership at customer organizations and internally, conveying technical and other information in an appropriate manner based on their level of knowledge and expertise
- Strong teaching abilities to share product knowledge, processes and best practice information with other team members
- Ability to document tasks for auditing purposes
- Full understanding and knowledge of the specific tasks that are required to administer a Learning Management System (LMS) including, but not limited to the following:
- Management of users and groups including learners, instructors, ASCs, etc.
- Enrolment of users into appropriate courses
- Configuration of permissions and settings
- Bulk course copying and editing
- Homepage and Navbar management
- Integration configuration
- Effective practices for implementation of tools
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel, including using formulas, Pivot Tables, VLookup and XLookup
D2L Leadership Competencies
- Leads by Example with personal and professional integrity, high accountability and say/do ratio
- Boundaryless collaboration and influence skills both within team, peer group and broader organization. Effective communicator with a proven track record of success.
- Delivers Awesome Outcomes: Strategic mindset and business acumen, with strong prioritization skills and a focus on organizational outcomes vs. team tasks. Effective problem solver, able to achieve results individually and through others, in fast paced, deadline-driven environments.
- Talent Magnet: Talent-focused leader, with demonstrated ability to coach, build and lead a high performing, diverse team.
- Better, Smarter, Faster: An agile learner, with a growth mindset, attention to detail and organizational skills. An operationally minded leader, with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Wins Hearts and Minds: An effective communicator, with the ability to connect the why and the what. A change agent, with proven delegation, motivation, and team building skills.
- Minimum 2 years experience in supporting and/or administering a Learning Management System, preferably the Brightspace Learning Environment
- Experience engaging in several areas of LMS administration, including, but not limited to the following:
- User management
- Course management
- Org structure
- Experience in Corporate, Higher Education or K-12 digital learning
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.