Customer Success Manager
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will be the primary owner of the business relationship with the customer, responsible for driving the customer’s success as defined by them. Focus is on ensuring customer satisfaction and retention by driving customer adoption and stakeholder value
How Will I Make an Impact:
- Manage a book of business with a focus on, developing strong, referenceable relationships
- Develop and manage a Customer Success Plan with the customer that articulates customer success goals, customer success measurement criteria, obstacles and risks
- Develop and manage a Customer Retention Plan that articulates the drivers of customer and product retention and associated risks
- Report against customer success criteria and manage initiatives to meet them
- Oversee execution of remediation items for the Customer Success Plan and Customer Retention Plan, and communicate the progress internally and externally
- Drive product adoption by setting adoption and usage targets with the customer that support their customer success goals
- Act as D2L business stakeholder in the renewal process.
- Develop and manage an engagement model with the customer that expands and manages all key relationships within the customer and D2L
- Coordinate and conduct annual or bi-annual business reviews with the customer
- Serve as key stakeholder during Implementation phase and facilitate transition out of implementation to support
- Develop a consultative relationship with each customer and work in conjunction with other D2L teams and SMEs to provide solution planning and execution
- Educate clients on support channels, self-service tools, release processes, and other resources to drive operational self-sufficiency
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
- Bachelor's degree or college degree in technology required
- 5+ years experience in managing customer relationships and managing programs for learning management systems or related technologies
- Direct work with establishing strategic outcomes and measurements
- Deep experience working with learning and development programs and/or corporate LMSs
- Experience with business drivers for learning and development, training organizations, business process owners, and organization executives
- Experience working with and presenting results to senior level executives
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with all levels of personnel up to and including C-Suite executives
- High energy level, demonstrated drive to succeed, and a sense of urgency
- Experience within a fast paced, growth organization is ideal
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- This position may require up to 30% travel
The expected base salary range for a new hire in this role is listed below. The annualized base salary offered is determined by each candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, education, training and experience. It is aligned to ensure both internal and external competitiveness using market data for the geographic location and industry. As part of the total compensation at D2L the role may be eligible for additional benefits including a Wellness Subsidy, Equity Grants, Variable Incentive, and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.