Implementation and Adoption Senior Manager (Wave)
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
As the Wave Implementation and Adoption Senior Manager, you will lead implementation projects for Wave clients as well as helping clients drive adoption with various strategies and programs to improve outcomes. Through Implementation, you will be the client's main technical lead, and work cross-functionally as needed to ensure each client is prepared and enabled for their launch. Once launched, you will support Adoption. The goal is to improve learning outcomes, support improved retention, higher engagement, increase learner satisfaction, and improve productivity.
The role has responsibilities that traverse a broad spectrum of technical solution implementation, business analysis, project accountability and adoption requirements.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Conduct consultation workshops with customers to successfully elicit and clearly document requirements
- Devise technical solutions using Wave and partner products to meet customer requirements
- Guide customers through the successful implementation of technical solutions
- Deliver on projects across multiple clients concurrently
- Operate independently to execute on customer commitments
- Create and provide documentation and resources to customers
- Collaborate cross-functionally to solution creatively and resolve challenges
- Take ownership of customer issues, triage and resolve situations with grace and a customer obsessed tone, while mitigating risks for the future
- Define, coordinate, implement and measure activities that drive customer’s adoption and strategic success
- Motivation to strategically manage a client form inception to adoption through client-facing meetings
- Develop a coaching capacity to provide support to our customers with the training, skills and tools they need to drive adoption of our software from the beginning.
- Share insights on the impact of activities in support of adoption, engagement and retention.
- Create and use collateral that can be used to drive adoption (e.g. presentations, blog articles, webinars).
- Responsible for creating client account plans for continual adoption and usage of the education-as-a-benefit platform
- Ability to speak with executives to drive key messages around how they are using our software to impact their organization.
- Give customers advice on how to effectively manage change.
- Keep internal teams informed of progress of each client, and gather support needed.
- Continually seek ways to scale activities to broaden depth and breadth of adoption.
- Expand revenue in accounts through cross-sell and up-sell in partnership with sales
What You'll Bring to the Role:
- Ability to instill confidence and influence customers decisions in a consultative manner as a trusted advisor
- Ability to design processes and workflows to drive efficiency – mapping out things that work well for others to follow
- Well developed ability to build strong relationships, quickly establish credibility and collaborate across multiple internal and external teams
- A love of data to share meaningful recommendations/insights with clients to help drive adoption – help them understand what is working and not working
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to speak to a variety of different audiences with various levels of technical acumen
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, resulting in creative solutioning
- Ability to multitask across simultaneous projects using strong organizational skills and prioritizes effortlessly
- Experience working with one or more of the following considered an asset:
- Learning Management Systems
- SaaS Environments
- Education or Corporate Training sector
- Public Company
- Experienced in supporting change management, and organizational readiness
- Prior experience in customer success
The expected base salary range for a new hire in this role is listed below. The annualized base salary offered is determined by each candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, education, training and experience. It is aligned to ensure both internal and external competitiveness using market data for the geographic location and industry. As part of the total compensation at D2L the role may be eligible for additional benefits including a Wellness Subsidy, Equity Grants, Variable Incentive, and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.