Senior Motion Graphic Designer
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The role of Senior Motion Graphic Designer encompasses conceptual development, crafting engaging motion graphics, animations, and seamlessly edited videos. From the spark of ideation to the final post-production flourish, the Senior Motion Graphic Designer is responsible for owning their video projects throughout the process as creator and strategic collaborator. Beyond crafting engaging video, they can design best-of-breed digital assets, elevating campaigns and enriching our social channels.
As a member of the creative team, they actively collaborate with the marketing team, sales and other departments to transform requests into engaging strategic solutions.
Join our dynamic and collaborative team and shape extraordinary visual narratives that inspire and help build our growing learning community.
How you'll make an impact:
- Conceptualize, create, and build motion graphics.
- Create strategically sound work that answers the creative brief for a variety of media (e.g., web, social, events, etc).
- Work from custom-captured video or found footage.
- Build bespoke video-related assets in support of animation and design (including 3D if applicable).
- Edit and produce captured or sourced video footage.
- Source and select footage, music, or other media as required.
- Work collaboratively to build digital campaign materials and graphics to support sales and marketing efforts.
- Ensure due diligence so all final deliverables are sound and complete.
- Follow the full video production process from pre-production, to production, to post-production
- Follow corporate brand guidelines.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
The collaborative value you bring to the team:
- Communicate progress to meet projected timelines and project expectations.
- Recommend appropriate animation styles (e.g., 3D, explainer, stop motion, etc).
- Provide internal consultation on approaches to videos, animation, illustration, and design, as required.
- Consult on and receive feedback on art direction, video direction, and media project coordination.
- Collaborate as part of a team with client stakeholders.
- Brainstorm ways to deliver compelling ideas that meet the creative brief.
- Communicate openly and clearly with team members.
- Take the initiative to share innovative ideas, solve problems, and address issues.
- Be willing to take on different roles within the team and demonstrate flexibility to adapt to changing demands.
- Take on a growth and positive impact mindset. You have the support of an engaged team to help you get there.
What you'll bring to the role:
- 5+ years of experience working at an agency or internal department in a similar role
- Expert and intimate knowledge of motion graphics software and related processes
- A strong understanding of best-practices relating to motion graphics
- A continuing fascination for the latest video and design trends
- A stellar portfolio of inspiring video work examples
- A proficiency in motion graphics (e.g., Adobe After Effects)
- Experience with video editing (e.g., Adobe Premiere)
- The ability to tackle audio mixing and editing (e.g., Audacity or equivalent)
- A love for digital design (or UX design) abilities (e.g., Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc)
- Experience using Figma is a nice-to-have (It’s very intuitive. Don’t worry!)
- Experience with 3D video animation is valued
More about you! You'll be a great addition to the team if you exemplify the following:
- An open and collaborative outlook
- A strategic mindset
- Kindness and the ability to lift others
- College or University education in motion graphics and design is desired
Please Note: We can't wait to see your amazing work - a portfolio is required as part of the application process.
Applications will be accepted until January 26, 2024.
The expected base salary range for a new hire in this role is listed below. The annualized base salary offered is determined by each candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, education, training and experience. It is aligned to ensure both internal and external competitiveness using market data for the geographic location and industry. As part of the total compensation at D2L the role may be eligible for additional benefits including a Wellness Subsidy, Equity Grants, Variable Incentive, and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.