Product Insight Analyst
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
General Description (Job Summary):
The mission of Product Operations at D2L is to partner with the whole organization to enable effective, outcome-oriented, market-driven product, technology, and services organizations. The Product Insights Analyst is a technical and product subject matter expert who understands business outcomes and is passionate about enabling D2L-ers with the data-driven insights needed to do the best work of our lives.
Reporting to the Director of Product Planning, this role will enable data informed decisions at D2L by making the right product related data more available and accessible at the right time, pulling insights from our reporting, and partnering with our Product, Technology, Services, and other teams on their data needs - while respecting security, privacy, compliance, and confidentiality.
Overall, the Product Insights Analyst is a data champion at D2L.
Data Development & Analysis
- Leverage keen analytical and problem-solving skills and a passion for working with data.
- Enable Product, Technology, Services, and other teams understand how millions of users use our applications every day by,
- understanding business outcomes across D2L
- facilitating discovery and definition sessions with stakeholders
- designing dashboards with simple elegance
- querying IT-managed data sources, analyzing data from a variety of systems,
- aggregate that data in interesting ways to develop and deliver high quality dashboards that enable data-driven decision making.
- In collaboration with IT, establish and maintain paved paths to best support D2L’s visualization layer
- Maintain and support infrastructure for visualization tool(s) to ensure a performant and secure visualization layer that enables operations
- Continually improve and expand our data offerings, considering new technologies, data quality, and optimization.
- Partner closely with Product, Services, Technology, and other teams to identify areas where insights from our data can support their decision making.
- Together, develop creative solutions to complex problems by applying curiosity, knowledge and judgment to identify approach and methods.
- Participate in an insights community of practice; implement and optimize scalable operational practices and processes.
Grow a Data Informed Organization
- Create bridges between Information Technology, Product Management, Technology & Design, Services, and other teams to leverage data to measure product success, experiments, research, and customer engagement.
- Analyze product performance to ensure traceability from market-need through design, development, delivery, and adoption of products.
- Champion leveraging data to inform decision making at all stages in the product lifecycle.
- Comfortable in building compelling dashboards with data visualization tools and communicating meaningful insights to diverse audiences
- An analytical mind, problem-solving aptitude and desire for continual improvement
- Passionate about building a data informed culture and leveraging data to drive decisions
- Proven record of querying differing data sources to generate reports
- Capable of building out strong report requirements based on partnership with business stakeholders
- Proven ability of working with relevant tools (SQL, Excel, PostGresSQL, Tableau, Python, etc.)
- Experience in AWS as well as ETL systems (SSIS, Glue, or similar) is considered a bonus
D2L Leadership Competencies
- Leads by Example with personal and professional integrity, high accountability and say/do ratio
- Boundaryless collaboration and influence skills both within team, peer group and broader organization. Effective communicator with a proven track record of success.
- Delivers Awesome Outcomes: Strategic mindset and business acumen, with strong prioritization skills and a focus on organizational outcomes vs. team tasks. Effective problem solver, able to achieve results individually and through others, in fast paced, deadline-driven environments.
- Talent Magnet: Talent-focused leader, with demonstrated ability to coach, build and lead a high performing, diverse team.
- Better, Smarter, Faster: An agile learner, with a growth mindset, attention to detail and organizational skills. An operationally minded leader, with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Wins Hearts and Minds: An effective communicator, with the ability to connect the why and the what. A change agent, with proven delegation, motivation, and team building skills.
- Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant experience in a technical field
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in an analytical role
The expected base salary range for a new hire in this role is listed below. The annualized base salary offered is determined by each candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, education, training and experience. It is aligned to ensure both internal and external competitiveness using market data for the geographic location and industry. As part of the total compensation at D2L the role may be eligible for additional benefits including a Wellness Subsidy, Equity Grants, Variable Incentive, and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.