D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The Senior Program Manager is a charismatic leader who drives key business results for some of D2Ls most critical and highly cross-functional programs. You are focused on achieving business outcomes rather than completing tasks.
You drive a company-wide approach to successfully execute on highly collaborative, highly cross-functional strategic and operational initiatives that are critical to the business. You work to break down barriers to secure the success of your programs. Your multi-tasking and communication skills are evidenced by your broad cross-functional knowledge and ability to work on details as well as communicate and negotiate at an executive level. You are adept at articulating highly complex programs, concepts, and problems in simple terms. You thrive in the role of champion for your programs as you effectively build consensus and a unified view of success by fostering strong cross-functional alignment and relationships across the company. You have knowledge related to SaaS product release processes (including Go To Market Strategy and New Product Introduction). Your deep relationships across the organization allow you to effectively implement processes that support improved company-wide operational performance and deliver important business results.
- Create unified cross-functional program plans, then, partner with functional business area owners to execute and deliver on outcomes
- Proactively plan programs, manage risks, issues, and change
- Project and Program Administration (Status reporting at various levels, monitoring program health metrics and controls)
- Serve as the hub for cross-functional knowledge management / communication relating to your programs
- Implement tools and dashboards that enable early insights and data-driven decision-making on programs and projects
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with all functional areas of the company
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Participate in small to large scale programs as required
- Comfortable at working across Waterfall, Agile, and other methodologies
- Ability to mentor more junior team members and colleagues
- Passionate about building a data-driven organizations and leveraging insights to drive decisions
- Outstanding communications skills with great reputation for communicating highly complex ideas and concepts with simplicity, power, and emotional impact
- Strong business acumen and thrive in an organization that is simultaneously mission, growth, and business driven
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to express ideas and information clearly, concisely, and effectively, adapting communication style to suit different audiences and can convey complex concepts in a straightforward manner
- Adaptability and flexibility to respond to changing business needs and deadlines
- Outstanding organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and establishes timeframes and resources that are reasonable and attainable
- Strong analytical and problem-solving to track record of identifying issues, gathering relevant information, and employing critical thinking to propose effective solutions
- Ability to switch between tasks seamlessly, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines consistently
- Ability to share expertise and knowledge effectively, providing constructive feedback and personalized guidance to team member
- Capability to establish and sustain executive-level relationships, fostering strong connections with key stakeholders
- Expert in the Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence) with experience utilizing techniques to leverage these tools for program visibility. Proficient in other common project and work management tools (Smartsheet, Lucidchart, Miro)
- Demonstrated success in leading high-performance teams
- Demonstrated ability to independently translate strategy, solution complex issues, and drive for results through personal and team accountability, while building strong organizational bridges
D2L Leadership Competencies
- Leads by Example with personal and professional integrity, high accountability and say/do ratio
- Boundaryless collaboration and influence skills both within team, peer group and broader organization. Effective communicator with a proven track record of success.
- Delivers Awesome Outcomes: Strategic mindset and business acumen, with strong prioritization skills and a focus on organizational outcomes vs. team tasks. Effective problem solver, able to achieve results individually and through others, in fast paced, deadline-driven environments.
- Talent Magnet: Talent-focused leader, with demonstrated ability to coach, build and lead a high performing, diverse team.
- Better, Smarter, Faster: An agile learner, with a growth mindset, attention to detail and organizational skills. An operationally minded leader, with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Wins Hearts and Minds: An effective communicator, with the ability to connect the why and the what. A change agent, with proven delegation, motivation, and team building skills.
- 8+ years of directly related work experience in a fast-paced, global, high-growth SaaS technology markets; education technology experience an asset
- 10+ years of successful track record of leading programs and working with project managers to deliver complex, corporate-wide programs and projects on-time, with quality, and aligned business outcomes
- Proven experience defining, implementing, and iterating portfolio, program, and project management practices and processes within a fast-growing technology company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration or related
- Agile, Project Management, and/or Change Management certification(s) a strong plus (i.e., PMP, Six Sigma CSM, SAFe, Prosci)
The expected base salary range for a new hire in this role is listed below. The annualized base salary offered is determined by each candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, education, training and experience. It is aligned to ensure both internal and external competitiveness using market data for the geographic location and industry. As part of the total compensation at D2L the role may be eligible for additional benefits including a Wellness Subsidy, Equity Grants, Variable Incentive, and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.