D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
How will I make an Impact?
At D2L, we’re looking for people who will help us advance our goal of using technology to transform teaching and learning around the world. We need software developers to work on a wide range of technologies including enterprise web applications, distributed systems, mobile and cloud computing, machine learning, semantic technologies, data analytics, and more. As a developer, you’ll help make dreams a reality.
We’re looking for software developers who have a passion for technology and solving problems. Beyond just coding, developers collaborate closely with their teams that include technical product managers, designers and QA. Your ideas and perspectives are essential to making sure we’re building the right things and the things right.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Ability to build empathy with our customers to develop the best solutions for them
- Interest in highly scalable applications, UI and web frameworks, containerization platforms, cloud computing, relational and NoSQL databases, and continuous integration
- Experience with OO design and proficient coding skills (ie: C++, C#, or Java)
- Strong understanding of Computer Science topics including data structures, algorithms, databases, and distributed systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or similar technical discipline
- Bonus points for experience in software development, preferably in a technology-focused or web-based company
What you’ll love about working at D2L:
- Making a difference in the learning experience for millions of people
- Collaborative work environment with awesome teammates and flexible work hours
- Brand new central downtown location at the top of the historic Marine Building, with free coffee, tea, drinks, and healthy snacks available daily
- The usual good stuff: comprehensive benefits plan, RRSP matching plan, professional development subsidies, wellness reimbursement program, home internet subsidy program
- Annual paid time off to volunteer for a charity dear to your heart, and an extra paid week for parental leave
- Fun activities with monthly social events, foosball table and gaming consoles, and access to a gym with reduced membership rates
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.