Bilingual Product Support Analyst - Future Opportunities
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We are looking for an application troubleshooting analyst – an individual who can perform analysis of a given problem report and determine where the problem is, its cause, solution or recommend effective workaround where applicable.
Acting as an escalation point for client Subject Matter Experts, Product Support Analysts act as the primary point of contact for client technical teams. Through a combination of technical investigation and troubleshooting, as well as collaborating with teams across D2L, PSAs offer a world class support experience for D2L Administrators with varying degrees of technical expertise across the Enterprise, Higher Education, and K-12 segments.
Successful candidates must have strong analytical skills and be creative problem solvers. They will be able to make accurate risk assessments and demonstrate above-average attention to details and competencies. They are excellent communicators and are comfortable discussing technical issues with clients whose technical expertise may vary.
Hear directly from one of our D2Lers to learn more about this role: Growth and Opportunity Through Admin Support at D2L
HOW YOU'LL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Utilize electronic communication by chat, phone, email, or assignment through case tracking system to interact with users facing technical issues, effectively identifying and documenting the problems they are encountering
- Conduct thorough research and implement appropriate solutions by referring to user guides, technical manuals, and other relevant documents
- Identify and correct improperly configured installations
- Replicate, diagnose, and resolve technical problems experienced by users, employing troubleshooting techniques to ensure prompt resolution
- Create, update, and resolve support cases within defined Service Level Objectives
- Improve product/tool design and functionality through creation of Software Defect reports and Feature Enhancement reports
- Create Support documentation, including FAQs and both internal and client-facing Knowledge-based Articles
- Participate in collaborative troubleshooting sessions to identify root causes of complex issues
- Participate in a shift rotation including weekdays, evenings, and weekends based on Eastern Time
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bilingual in one or more of the following is required: French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese (Please note: We are currently hiring for French language skills but continue to collect applications for Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese for future openings)
- Ability to learn and adapt to new tools and products quickly
- Strong ability to recognize patterns
- Ability to work individually and in collaboration with colleagues
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable ability to multitask both independently and within a team
- Ability to identifying trends and make suggestions for technical modifications to resolve existing and future problems
- Excellent research capabilities
- Strong ability to write, interpret, and debug SQL queries on demand
- Working knowledge of
- Active Directory, Office 365 Suites, OAuth, LDAP, and SAML solutions.
- Web applications and how they work at a high level (web servers, database servers, client-to-server communication)
- Wireshark, Fiddler, and other browser based diagnostic and reporting tools
- Communicate technical and complex information in verbal and written form
- Strong customer service skills
- Keen attention to detail and organization skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent problem-solving and navigational skills
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL
- Some experience providing customer service
- Relevant work experience in a similar role
- Experience working in a Helpdesk environment is considered an asset
- LMS experience – user, administration, and/or support is considered an asset
- Experience with Salesforce or any other ticketing system is an asset
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.