Sales Executive, Higher Education LATAM (Mexico)
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
As a D2L Sales Executive you will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives for an assigned territory by promoting and selling the D2L product suite through professional sales techniques. We are looking for a highly knowledgeable and capable sales individual with a proven track record of selling high-value complex solutions to the Education industry/public institutions in Mexico. Candidates must possess an in-depth knowledge of the Higher Education industry in Mexico, K-12 is an added bonus. The Sales Executive will spend the majority of their time in field developing and cultivating prospects, moving them through the sales process and closing new business.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Meeting and exceeding set sales quotas for defined area/region
- Making prospecting an integral part of your regular routine ensuring new prospects are being added to the sales funnel on an ongoing basis
- Managing a complex, enterprise solution sale with a 6 to 12 month purchasing cycle.
- Moving the sale through the entire sales process actively engaging other D2L resources as necessary to ensure success
- Taking an active role in the RFP process
- Continually learning about new products and improving your selling skills. The Sales Executive will be required to attend training events throughout the year and will be expected to participate in self-paced tutorial learning when appropriate
- Being well-informed about current industry trends and being able to talk intelligently about the education industry in the assigned area/region
- Becoming familiar with all D2L Partner relationships and how they relate to D2L sales
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows
- Preparing written presentations, reports and price quotations
- Assisting in contract negotiations
- Building and managing a quantifiable 12 month sales pipeline
- Effectively and efficiently deploy D2L resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle to advance the sales process
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 5-7+ years’ sales experience in the eLearning, education, and/or complex solution software sales industries
- Must have strong understanding of software sales cycles and dealing with top decision makers within education
- Knowledge of eLearning/education industry preferred
- Track record of successful achievement in assigned quotas
- Ability to manage a pipeline of 50+ accounts at any given time
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must possess strong leadership, motivational, and presentation skills
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with C-level and other decision-makers
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client discussions
- Working knowledge of web and database technology
- Fluent in English and Spanish and understanding of how business practices within the Mexican market
- Must be able to travel 50%+
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.