Strategic Program Manager
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The Strategic Program Manager (SPM) coordinates the communication, resources and efforts required to support clients with multiple, complex projects. The SPM works closely with clients to successfully complete current projects, modify the scope of evolving projects, and strategically plan for projects in mid-to-long range. The SPM also works internally to marshal resources for current and future projects as well as assisting product customization, product roadmap planners, and service departments in forecasting needs for strategic clients.
The Strategic Program Manager supports the sales team in discovering and understanding the client vision; leads the implementation team through the client onboarding process including installation and customizations; and, supports the account management team by providing continued oversight of targeted consulting, customizations, and post-implementation projects. The SPM is responsible for applying best practices in program and project management to promote internal efficiency and client satisfaction.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
Client Relationship Management and Communication:
- Understands the client high level vision, goals, and objectives and communicates that client vision to appropriate D2L groups throughout the client life cycle
- Synchronizes client expectations and D2L product and service capabilities as both the client vision and product evolve
- Promotes a partnership relationship by listening to client product advice; supporting client research; and, maintaining frequent communication and collaboration on local and regional meetings, conferences, and events
- Coordinates external and internal communication to decrease duplication or misapplication of effort and increase alignment of internal resources and client vision
- Contributes to and participates in strategic account planning with client, account management, and other stakeholders
- Aligns clients and D2L project planning and program development methodologies to maximize success and minimize costs
- Report progress to senior management
Project and Program Management:
- Responsible for overall successful planning and delivery of client projects
- Manages cross-functional and inter-departmental teams
- Resolution of issues within the program and, where necessary, the escalation of issues to senior management
- Management of partner projects (as applicable)
- Ensures maximum efficiency in the allocation of resources and supports internal planning of personnel and resource needs
- Supports product planning including incorporation of appropriate customizations into the core product base
- Proactively monitors client success metrics and provides strategic advice for planning future projects
- Develops and manages program plans/charters; obtains appropriate client and D2L approvals and sign-offs
- Determines, monitors and reviews all project economics to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risk
- Develops project control and reporting procedures and manages changes in operational plan
- Coaches and advises team members to accomplish project goals, to meet established schedules, and resolve technical/operational issues
Please Note: This is a client billable role. This means that each week you will be required to fill out a timesheet for time spent against each client engagement as well as time spent on internal initiatives. The majority of your time will be spent on customer work.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Strong, proven experience in managing projects or administering technology programs
- Proven ability to establish strategic outcomes and measurements
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships at the executive level
- High energy level, demonstrated drive to succeed, and a sense of urgency
- Experience analyzing data and presenting statistical and narrative reports
- Experience within a fast paced, growth organization is ideal
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or related graduate degree preferred
- Project management or program management certification a plus
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.