Content Coordinator, Proposals - Winter 2024 Co-op
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The Proposal Team is responsible for supporting D2L’s mission to transform the way the world learns by managing the complete lifecycle of responses to “Requests for Proposal” (RFIs /RFPs/RFQs), from opportunity assessment through to submission. Our efforts span RFPs for new business, renewals, and customer growth. Our content program is the foundation of all proposal activity, providing a library of accurate and compelling content that forms the basis of RFP responses. Content covers all areas of our business, from our solutions and services to business information, value propositions, and more.
As a Content Coordinator in the Proposal Team, you will work in a high impact environment and be responsible for supporting and managing content development and improvement projects that promote compelling, competitive, and accurate response efforts to RFPs. This role will require excellent communication, collaboration, writing, time management, and project management skills. As the successful candidate you’ll have a team player mindset, build relationships with a wide range of Subject Matter Experts across the company, and drive quick turnarounds on quality content deliverables. You’ll work closely with the team’s Senior Content Strategist, executing on projects related to content development, management, and improvement.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with strong communication and writing skills looking to further develop those skill sets in a professional context and offers the opportunity to interact with a variety of teams across the company.
Major Responsibilities - How Will I Make an Impact?
- Facilitate compelling and competitive proposals through the development and improvement of proposal-optimized content.
- Identify content gaps and areas for improvement and execute on projects to address these areas with the support and direction of the Senior Content Strategist.
- Work cross-functionally with Subject Matter Experts to draft, edit, and enhance new and existing content.
- Adapt technical input to drive value-driven content that is easy to understand by non-technical audiences.
- Ensure content meets style guide best practices before publishing to the content library for easy discoverability and use in proposals.
- Become familiar with the proposal automation system (Qvidian) in support of content management and assist the Senior Content Strategist with system administration as required.
- Manage and resolve content feedback received via Qvidian and other channels in a timely manner and in support of an agile, ever evolving content program.
- Develop a technical understanding of D2L product and service offerings across markets and segments.
- Develop an understanding of competitive positioning across markets.
- Review draft/submitted proposals to identify new content needs and to become familiar with proposal management basics.
- Assist with team enablement, including resource building and updating.
What is D2L looking for from me?
- Strong writing and communication skills, including copyediting.
- Committed to further developing writing skills for a professional context.
- Committed to developing creative and compelling storytelling skills with a tenacity for creating clear, concise, value-driven narratives for a broad audience.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks independently and with initiative.
- Interested in further developing project management skills.
- Brings a positive energy to daily work and is a collaborative team player.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Asks questions and is eager to take on new challenges.
- Passion for education and technology.
- Currently enrolled in a university or college program with a co-op option.
- Completion of courses in the areas of communication, technical writing, rhetoric, and/or courses with a strong persuasive writing component considered an asset.
So, why should you do your co-op at D2L? Our Summer 2022 Campus Ambassador Melissa shares her thoughts here: Watch Melissa's TikTok
Why we're awesome
We offer our Co-ops monthly internet reimbursement, monthly co-op events, and opportunity for remote work! Plus, we're always hiring superstar New Grads, so get a step ahead of the rest by networking within D2L on your work term.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following through #LifeAtD2L;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.