People and Culture Business Partner-18 Month Contract
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
D2L is in search of an amazing People and Culture Business Partner! We are looking for someone eager to accept challenges, who thrives in a fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative team environment. This is an ideal opportunity for energetic, passionate and innovative individual! The incumbent will be an active member of the People and Culture team and share our focus on attracting, developing and retaining high potential talent. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for driving results through partnerships, while building a reputation as a trusted advisor to leaders.
You will provide professional advice, consultative support and decision-making insights, while helping to drive people strategies and programs within your assigned client group(s). As a People & Culture Business Partner you will also support the development, execution and adoption of People & Culture programs in partnership with other functions within our People & Culture team. You will be a key member of the People & Culture team working on Global initiatives.
How Will I Make an Impact?:
- Support alignment and achievement of the organization and client groups’ vision and business strategy by executing on People and Culture initiatives.
- Implement People & Culture programs, including execution of people plans and driving cultural initiatives for assigned client groups, in partnership with relevant stakeholders.
- Lead and participate in projects in collaboration with the People & Culture team, outside the direct People & Culture Business Partner role (e.g. diversity/inclusion, recruitment initiatives, learning sessions, etc)
- Conduct and analyze 30-day check-ins, exit interview trends, employee relations themes; summarize and present them to Management with a focus on recommendations and action plans.
- Influence and drive buy-in for D2L policies, global mobility processes, compliance needs, in partnership with the services team.
- Assist with the execution of PnC-related processes, performance and coaching, investigations, terminations, and any relevant documentation needs.
- Provide operational Business Partner support and build strong relationships with leaders and employees within the assigned client groups
- Collaborate with the People & Culture team members to deliver quality strategic and operational advice and support to management and employees on all areas of Human Resources.
- Make recommendations and ensure alignment in people management and compensation practices (job evaluation, salary administration, compensation design, and performance management) within D2L’s business strategy.
- Provide expertise on employee relations, change management initiatives, organizational departmental restructures, and job role design in order to address challenges, improve cost /efficiency and to clarify accountabilities.
- Partner within assigned client groups to execute ongoing Talent Management, Performance and Coaching processes such as talent reviews, quarterly performance check-ins, career development conversations, succession planning, employee retention, and employee development and engagement initiatives.
- Advise leaders and managers and employees on employee relations concerns and guide employees on policies and procedures
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 5+ years of progressive Business Partner experience.
- Experience partnering with business leaders, employees, and senior leaders to deliver awesome outcomes.
- Boundaryless ability to establish relationships across D2L and understand what motivates and engages teams.
- Expert communication skills with an ability to consider impact of actions beyond immediate organizations.
- A solution-based approach to problem solving. Bonus points for creativity, innovation and resilience.
- Previous experience implementing People and Culture programs, strategies, and initiatives, including total rewards, performance management, talent management, employee relations, etc.
- Experience working with and coaching managers on people-based issues and concerns (e.g., performance, behavior, conflict resolution, termination) that impact individual and team relationships, performance and productivity.
- Analytical thinker, with the ability to extract the story behind metrics and reporting to enable business insights and decision making.
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- A passion for self-learning and growing is important. A sense of humour is a must!
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.
Something looks off?