Product Support Analyst
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
The Bilingual Product Support Analyst requires an individual who has experience in resolving highly technical complex client issues with great troubleshooting skills and ability to think outside the box. You possess technical knowledge, problem solving skills and experience in a helpdesk environment providing technical support to clients in both English and French. In this position you will provide support for clients from all verticals (K12, Higher Education and Enterprise) who use D2L’s suite of eLearning web-based software.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Resolving specific client issues received by phone, email or assignment through call tracking system under tight time constraints
- Identifying and solving site related issues
- Identifying and correcting improperly configured installations
- Timely logging of all support calls in call tracking system and escalation of problems where appropriate
- Updating call tracking system with all appropriate details while providing timely customer updates on issues
- Improving D2L product/tool design and efficiency by reviewing and providing feedback on functional specifications, technical specifications and submitting Feature Requests, Usability Issues and Bugs to Product Development
- Developing support documents, FAQ's and Knowledge-Based Articles
- Participating in special projects as required
- Participating in shift and on-call support rotations
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a technical support or help desk role
- Ability to support client requests in both English and French
- Customer service, communication, listening and human relations skills are required in order to determine client needs, understand and relay information, build positive rapport, confidence and trust and participate as an effective team member
- Attention to detail, organizational and time management skills are essential in order to accurately enter data, maintain records and focus on multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills to effectively partner with clients, customers and stakeholders of all levels
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making skills
- Proven SQL experience writing queries for SQL Server
- Working knowledge of Webservices, REST and IIS
- Understanding of Network topography (Database, App, File Servers and load-balancing)
- Experience supporting enterprise software applications
- Basic knowledge authentication protocols (LDAP, SSO, Shibboleth)
- Experience with Fiddler and other Browser-based Analytics and Reporting tools would be an asset
- Experience with eLearning software and supporting a Learning Management System would be an asset.
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification an asset
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.
Something looks off?