Product Marketing Specialist (1 year contract)
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
The Product Marketing Specialist will be responsible for supporting and executing the go-to-market strategy for Brightspace, and our services and partner solutions. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical product capabilities into benefits will be crucial. The candidate will be the expert in both the product and buyers – and working closely with the rest of the marketing team, will transfer that knowledge both internally and externally through a wide range of mediums. The candidate will champion the components that make up the Brightspace platform with knowledge, passion and energy both internally and externally to the market.
The position will cover a range of activities including understanding the markets we serve, trends and opportunities, developing plans, crafting marketing content, web materials, solutions presentations and sales support materials, as well as related campaigns and other marketing activities.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Create marketing collateral such as product sheets, blog articles, and presentations that effectively communicate the benefits and features of the product to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop solution-focused marketing collateral and assets
- Interface with other members of the Marketing team to develop/adapt marketing campaigns/materials including lead generation, brochures, advertising, newsletters and other direct marketing materials to build awareness for and drive new business for specified solution
- Collaborate with product experts to create a demo environment to show the features in our products such as creating screenshots
- Collaborate with other members of the marketing team for content creation and asset development
- Create enablement support materials to ensure sales team can effectively communicate offerings
- Engage in release process to stay abreast of all marketable features and products, services and partner solutions as they come to market and be prepared to support the communication rollout as required to launch
- Measure and report on program effectiveness
- Work and track within defined budget
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
- Industry Insider: Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or related field with 2-4 years of experience in product marketing or related field.
- Communicator: You’ve created a collection of collateral and marketing communications. Your excellent written and oral communication skills are top notch. You are a wonderful storyteller.
- Go Getter: You have a high motivation with a sense of urgency and willingness to adjust in a fast-paced environment. You are capable of multi-tasking in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
- Motivated: You are a self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative technology environment.
- Detail Oriented: You have a keen attention to detail with exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
- A True Team Player: You have the ability to coordinate resources across sales, marketing and services functions and build rapport with sales team and other professional staff.
- Understanding of Pragmatic Marketing framework or certification would be an asset.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.
Something looks off?