Business Development Representative
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
Do you have a keen interest in eLearning? Are you looking to start a career in Sales? Good news! You have found the right opportunity to get you started. We are always on the hunt for our next great Business Development Representative at D2L!
The Business Development Representative is responsible for promoting D2L Products and Services, establishing customer relationships, and providing qualified, motivated leads to the Sales teams. As a key member of the sales team, the successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of the company’s solutions, competition, and a keen interest in the eLearning industry. The primary market focus is the education and corporate sectors.
We are looking for an energetic, polished individual with exceptional communication skills and a talent for relationship building. The successful candidate will gain expertise in accurately capturing and qualifying leads, effectively managing a sales pipeline, and achieving quarterly revenue targets.
This Business Development Representative provides a challenging career opportunity as well as career advancement within D2L.
How will I make an impact?
- Responsible for exceeding objectives within your assigned territory
- Able to understand and deliver D2L's unique value proposition and create solution vision with prospects
- Actively participate in outbound calling campaigns to generate sales opportunities
- Accurately capture and qualify leads gathered from tradeshows, webinars, inbound calls, and other marketing initiatives
- Follow-up with existing D2L contacts and develop them into sales prospects
- Distribute leads and make qualified appointments for Sales Executives
- Monitor and respond to D2L Sales inbox and website inquiries – responding and re-directing incoming customer request for information, etc.
- Create and update lead generation emails and phone scripts
- Update customer interactions through the CRM tool
- Complete sales reports and present findings to executive management
- Conduct market research and keep updated on product and industry knowledge, competitors, and industry knowledge
- Represent D2L at occasional tradeshows; some travel will be required
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Interest in pursuing a sales career within a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Pro-active and goal oriented with the ability to maintain consistent levels of customer activity to generate sales leads and meet achieve quarterly objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and organize/prioritize work independently
- Strong interpersonal and customer orientation skills with the ability to influence decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and collaboratively within a team environment
- Previous experience in eLearning, the education sector, enterprise software and/or high tech solutions providers preferred
- Degree or diploma in Business, Marketing or related
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.
Something looks off?