d1g1t is the industry’s first enterprise wealth management platform powered by institutional-grade analytics and risk management tools that allows firms to elevate the quality of their advice and demonstrate its value to clients. Through a single integrated solution that covers the entire advisory lifecycle, d1g1t provides wealth management firms with a whole new set of capabilities they’ve never had before. Headquartered in Toronto, the company was founded and is led by an experienced financial technology team who have developed leading enterprise portfolio systems for many of the world’s banks, institutional asset managers, hedge funds and regulators.
We are looking for a high-achieving individual that enjoys independent problem solving to join our Financial Engineering team. Your role will be to provide subject matter expertise in quantitative analysis, financial modelling, d1g1t products, client business and the wealth management industry, in order to service our clients as well as our product management and pre-sales teams. You will engage with clients, and work with the product and development teams to design and deliver functionality that will enable advisors to elevate their portfolio and client management, empowering them to thrive in a changing wealth management landscape.
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert and owner of our client engagements. Work with an experienced team of client experience managers, developers and business analysts to help design and develop scalable, high-performance solutions for our wealth management clients. Including but not limited to quantitative analysis and financial models to support our clients workflows in implementing, using, and improving the d1g1t platform to meet their evolving needs.
- Collaborate closely with the Product team to help collect, document, communicate and influence product roadmap based on market/client requirements. Collaborate with developers to execute on it.
- Support pre sales activities (e.g., discovery, requirements analysis, presentation/demonstration, etc.) with customers and prospects.
- Participate in technical demonstrations, training and troubleshooting sessions as a subject matter expert when a more in-depth understanding of the product is required, for internal and external audiences.
- Develop and recommend new methods to improve implementations and internal processes.
- Test and validate to ensure the d1g1t platform is working as intended and obtain client acceptance through numerical validation of results and testing of workflows.
- Collaborate on the company’s documentation efforts including writing user guides, release notes and white papers on d1g1t methodology and functionality.
- Stay abreast of the latest financial engineering trends, techniques, and tools. Participate in professional development opportunities that will enhance your knowledge and skills.
- Technical Execution: proactive problem solver, persists when faced with ambiguity or uncertainty, analytical, and pays attention to the details.
- Ownership: takes initiative to identify problems with product/processes, leaves things better than how they found them, passionate about their work.
- Communication: provides context and clarity to their work, effectively escalates problems, provides transparency around status and priorities, expresses their views in a direct and professional manner.
- Leadership: works confidently with other functional areas, mentors other employees, proactively seeks and provides feedback, drives change and wants to make a difference.
- Emotional Intelligence: contributes to positive morale on the team, exhibits self awareness, and understands how their work impacts others, displays empathy to others.
- Business Acumen: entrepreneurial mindset, helps to shape functional area goals, constantly learning.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in relevant fields (financial markets, wealth, portfolio or risk management, trading, or engineering functions).
- Natural problem solver, enjoys figuring out complex problems in a focused, practical, and efficient manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, comfortable with customer interactions. Ability to present and explain complex concepts at various levels, both internally and within a client-facing environment, using a communication style appropriate to the audience.
- Skilled at writing understandable and concise technical documentation.
- Ability to prototype solutions and manipulate gigabyte data sets in a scripting language (Python, R programming or SQL).
- Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to track and account for time spent on projects and perform to deadlines.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders on time-sensitive projects. Proactive in collaborating, sharing knowledge and results.
- Highly Determined. A natural curiosity to figure out how things work and a strong technical aptitude to master d1g1t’s product offerings.
- Nice to have:
- MS in math, quantitative finance, computer science or engineering.
- Demonstrated experience working in a multidisciplinary environment, with employees and clients from diverse academic, technical, and industrial backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the successful implementation and delivery of services and products to clients.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working with developers in an agile framework.
Perks of working at d1g1t:
- Excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing Fintech startup.
- Working in a culture of collaboration and innovation where your voice is valued and given importance.
- Competitive compensation package with on-target bonus and comprehensive healthcare benefits.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Fitness and Wellness Credit
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Flexible hours and hybrid-work policy.
- Ability to work abroad for up to 2 months in a year (some conditions apply).