Advanced Process Control Engineer
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2023
CruxOCM is the automation company for heavy industry. We are venture-backed and challenging the status quo in the energy sector.
We believe control room operators should have the best tools to perform their jobs safely and efficiently while minimizing environmental impact and maximizing revenue. If pilots have autopilot software, why not control room operators?
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced APC Engineer to join our team. This role will consist of helping the team build and implement steady-state and transient simulation models that support software deployment to our customers. Your advanced control knowledge will be leveraged to design new product modules, perform configuration and tuning of modules for ongoing deployments, and identify new opportunities that support CruxOCM’s product growth.
We are looking for someone who is interested in applying their knowledge in new ways to advance how simulation and control techniques can be leveraged with other technologies to provide industry-changing software products in a fast-growing technology start-up.
- Complete steady-state and hydraulic transient simulation models
- Develop, maintain, and improve our simulation software platform
- Complete product configurations, including control system tuning and communications
- Develop process control application modules within product lines
- Act as a technical lead and subject matter expert (SME) including providing training to Customer and CruxOCM personnel
- Present results to customers and participate in meetings
- Work with the Product Development Team and participate in developing the code base
- Experience building process simulation models
- Experience configuring and tuning industrial control systems
- Experience with OPC and other communication platforms
- Experience writing technical specification documents
- Experience training team members in the theory and application of process control
- A deep understanding of hydraulic theory
- Ability to code in Python
What we Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Employee stock option plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Remote-first work
- Flexible work environment
- Professional development opportunities
- Growth-mindset culture
- A diverse and inclusive environment
CruxOCM is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any accessibility needs you may have. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in our hiring process, please email email@example.com to make your needs known in advance.