Director of Product
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Good visuals are appealing to the eye, but great visuals tell stories that reignite your desire to discover, spark your creative imagination and even influence what we buy, eat, and do. That’s why CrowdRiff exists: to empower destination marketers to showcase their unique destinations through powerful visual storytelling solutions.
✨ CrowdRiff is built around the idea of pushing the boundaries of exploration; and our dedication to finding experiences that feel more authentic and undiscovered make us who we are. We like to think of ourselves as modern-day explorers, who believe in taking action now and thrive in an open, challenging, and encouraging environment.
Our team is a quirky and diverse crew that has one thing in common: our love for great visuals. Picture this. You will contribute to amplifying unique travel experiences like scuba diving in Tahiti 🌊, exploring Napa’s wine country🥂, bungee jumping in Queenstown 🤩and much more while having access to some of our amazing travel perks that allow you to immerse yourselves in local communities and culture.
At CrowdRiff, you have the freedom, autonomy, and resources to set the course of your own future along with an incredible crew. We understand that to feel empowered and to keep forging new paths professionally and personally, we need to pull out all the stops. That’s why we take a proactive approach and set not only professional but also personal goals for all CrowdRiffers. To make this possible, we offer opportunities related to training, tuition, conferences, workshops, or anything else that will help you achieve your goals under our ‘DevDollars’ program.
Every day, we work across departments, time zones, and even oceans to reach our goals and delight our customers - all while being remote. If you are looking to make travel an incredible experience today, and for future generations, and are passionate about visuals & tech, you’re just our type. 💯
Your Role: Director of Product
CrowdRiff is looking for a pragmatic leader to manage our product management and product design team. Reporting into our CEO, you will work collaboratively to break down our product vision, scope the product roadmap, run validation and ultimately drive product execution. If you’re passionate about modern product practices, believe in the power of small teams and thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment, this could be a great opportunity for you.
What You'll Do:
- Drive value for current customers while exploring the evolution of our current platform
- Scale the way we work with customers and creators
- Explore opportunities out of CrowdRiff’s core market
- Develop and execute a strategic roadmap for existing products, evaluating product performance consistently
- Sequence the phases of product direction to teams and customers
- Work closely with other leaders to balance multiple (and at times competing) priorities to achieve what’s best for the business and our users
- Research and articulate the needs of the customers, identifying opportunities for product growth
What You’ll Need:
- Experience applying modern product practices
- To have built products that users love
- Experience managing a team of product managers and product designers
- The ability to analyze and creatively solve technical and business-related problems
- To gain an understanding of what customers want, and the tools and data we need to validate that when required
Nice to have:
- An understanding or keen interest in AI
- Experience working with creators or building a marketplace
At CrowdRiff, we don’t just believe in wow-ing our customers, but also our employees. That’s why, in addition to your competitive salary and medical/dental/vision plan, we offer perks like:
Well-being & growth:
🍼 Parental leave
🧑🎓 Extended learning and development opportunities through our DevDollars program
Flexibility at work:
☀️Feel-good Fridays with every other Friday off in summer
🤝 No-meeting Fridays year-round
💪 Work from home allowance + Flexible work hours
🎉 Regular team socials & team events
⛱ Up to 8 weeks of vacation
💲 Up to $3000 towards your next trip
🧑✈️ Access to a personal travel concierge
Upon request, CrowdRiff will provide job applicants with any accommodations they may require for the interview process, candidate assessments, and all other applicable steps within the recruitment and selection process. When requested, CrowdRiff will consult with the applicant to provide suitable accommodations.
CrowdRiff is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.