Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Good visuals are appealing to the eye, but great visuals tell stories that reignite your desire to discover, spark your creative imagination and even influence what we buy, eat, and do. That’s why CrowdRiff exists: to empower destination marketers to showcase their unique destinations through powerful visual storytelling solutions.
✨ CrowdRiff is built around the idea of pushing the boundaries of exploration; and our dedication to finding experiences that feel more authentic and undiscovered make us who we are. We like to think of ourselves as modern-day explorers, who believe in taking action now and thrive in an open, challenging, and encouraging environment.
Our team is a quirky and diverse crew that has one thing in common: our love for great visuals. Picture this. You will contribute to amplifying unique travel experiences like scuba diving in Tahiti 🌊, exploring Napa’s wine country🥂, bungee jumping in Queenstown 🤩and much more while having access to some of our amazing travel perks that allow you to immerse yourselves in local communities and culture.
At CrowdRiff, you have the freedom, autonomy, and resources to set the course of your own future along with an incredible crew. We understand that to feel empowered and to keep forging new paths professionally and personally, we need to pull out all the stops. That’s why we take a proactive approach and set not only professional but also personal goals for all CrowdRiffers. To make this possible, we offer opportunities related to training, tuition, conferences, workshops, or anything else that will help you achieve your goals under our ‘DevDollars’ program.
Every day, we work across departments, time zones, and even oceans to reach our goals and delight our customers - all while being remote. If you are looking to make travel an incredible experience today, and for future generations, and are passionate about visuals & tech, you’re just our type. 💯
Your Role: Business Development Representative
We’re looking for strategic sales professionals to join CrowdRiff’s dynamic sales team. In this role you will have an opportunity to work on a visual marketing platform that’s transforming the global travel industry. You will work, learn, and develop with an awesome and very agile team who will teach you about SaaS software sales, the industries we work in, and how to truly uncover each and every opportunity. Our most successful BDRs are highly organized, have a positive attitude, love travel & technology, and have a fun sense of humor.
What You'll Do :
- Work with exciting, international brands, helping them leverage user-generated visuals to drive their marketing efforts
- Supercharge your Business Development efforts and discover new opportunities into ideal prospective companies
- Qualify inbound leads creating new opportunities for Account Executives as a primary responsibility.In addition, qualify and prospect outbound leads
- Manage top of funnel sales activities by working closely with our Marketing and Customer Success teams
- Attend online industry trade shows and conferences to meet customers and prospects. You'll represent the CrowdRiff brand and offering, and educate prospective partners on best practices we’re seeing in the marketplace
- Report on daily/weekly outbound activities, and present wins and losses
- Manage and monitor your work using technologies like Salesforce, Outreach and Hubspot
Ideally, you'll have:
- 1+ years in top-of-the-funnel inbound and outbound sales (open to recent grads)
- Passion for the travel industry
- Experience in a startup, SaaS company, SMB clients or the tourism industry are assets
- Strong communication skills
At CrowdRiff, we don’t just believe in wow-ing our customers, but also our employees. That’s why, in addition to your competitive salary and medical/dental/vision plan, we offer perks like:
Well-being & growth:
🍼 Parental leave
🧑🎓 Extended learning and development opportunities through our DevDollars program
Flexibility at work:
☀️Feel-good Fridays with every other Friday off in summer
🤝 No-meeting Fridays year-round
💪 Work from home allowance + Flexible work hours
🎉 Regular team socials & team events
⛱ Up to 8 weeks of vacation
💲 Up to $3000 towards your next trip
🧑✈️ Access to a personal travel concierge
Upon request, CrowdRiff will provide job applicants with any accommodations they may require for the interview process, candidate assessments, and all other applicable steps within the recruitment and selection process. When requested, CrowdRiff will consult with the applicant to provide suitable accommodations.
CrowdRiff is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.