Senior Technical Product Manager
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, July 5, 2023
Good visuals are appealing to the eye, but great visuals tell stories that reignite your desire to discover, spark your creative imagination and even influence what we buy, eat, and do. That’s why CrowdRiff exists: to empower destination marketers to showcase their unique destinations through powerful visual storytelling solutions.
✨ CrowdRiff is built around the idea of pushing the boundaries of exploration; and our dedication to finding experiences that feel more authentic and undiscovered make us who we are. We like to think of ourselves as modern-day explorers, who believe in taking action now and thrive in an open, challenging, and encouraging environment.
Our team is a quirky and diverse crew that has one thing in common: our love for great visuals. Picture this. You will contribute to amplifying unique travel experiences like scuba diving in Tahiti 🌊, exploring Napa’s wine country🥂, bungee jumping in Queenstown 🤩and much more while having access to some of our amazing travel perks that allow you to immerse yourselves in local communities and culture.
At CrowdRiff, you have the freedom, autonomy, and resources to set the course of your own future along with an incredible crew. We understand that to feel empowered and to keep forging new paths professionally and personally, we need to pull out all the stops. That’s why we take a proactive approach and set not only professional but also personal goals for all CrowdRiffers. To make this possible, we offer opportunities related to training, tuition, conferences, workshops, or anything else that will help you achieve your goals under our ‘DevDollars’ program.
Every day, we work across departments, time zones, and even oceans to reach our goals and delight our customers - all while being remote. If you are looking to make travel an incredible experience today, and for future generations, and are passionate about visuals & tech, you’re just our type. 💯
Your Role: Senior Technical Product Manager
As a Senior Technical Product Manager you leverage your technical expertise in this high impact role on the Core Services team and ensure the product is created, managed, and consumed at scale. The team is responsible for building on functionality that supports the overall users’ experience with the product. In this role, there is an opportunity to own the delivery of a foundational platform powering content that is consumed by millions of users around the world, and services used by internal development teams to build SaaS solutions for destination marketers or our mobile app for content creators.
You have a strong background in technical product management, with demonstrable experience leading cross-organizational software development projects. You have experience with building services that are modular. You are experienced in product planning, strategic thinking, and resolving ambiguity.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the cross-functional product development team, consisting of product managers and engineers
- Work on complex technical and business problems, and balance the needs between both and prioritize effectively
- Define and align on the high-level strategy, and quarterly OKRs for the Core Services team
- Identify and articulate what are generic services that other teams can leverage and build off of
- Identify opportunities for product growth and innovation
- Define requirements and scope of highly technical features, breaking down ideas and assumptions to allow validation of the riskiest hypotheses and deliver value to customers faster
- Coordinate various product initiatives and manage cross-dependencies with other product development teams to ensure alignment and efficient delivery
- Constantly research trends and be up-to-date on the latest products, services and tools that can enhance our content ecosystem
- Establish metrics and KPIs for the content ecosystem, and track and report on the progress of team outcomes for leadership and the entire company
What you’ll need:
- At least 3 years experience in a technical product management (or similar) role at a technology company
- Experience developing modern service platforms
- Ability to guide and motivate teams by influence and lead them to success
- Strong project management skills, great at organizing yourself and others
- Experience in working effectively with stakeholders and balancing inputs and needs from the organization, showing a high degree of accountability
- Ability to multitask a variety of responsibilities and shift gears quickly
- Excellence in managing complexity and inter-dependencies in the product development lifecycle
- Curiosity to learn and innovate, and motivation to grow quickly as a product manager
- Excellent skills in communicating clearly and collaborating effectively across teams
- Humble, team-oriented attitude that empowers the success of your team
- Entrepreneurial mindset - you roll up your sleeves, thrive in ambiguity, and get things done
At CrowdRiff, we don’t just believe in wow-ing our customers, but also our employees. That’s why, in addition to your competitive salary and medical/dental/vision plan, we offer perks like:
Well-being & growth:
🍼 Parental leave
🧑🎓 Extended learning and development opportunities through our DevDollars program
Flexibility at work:
☀️Feel-good Fridays with every other Friday off in summer
🤝 No-meeting Fridays year-round
💪 Work from home allowance + Flexible work hours
🎉 Regular team socials & team events
⛱ Up to 8 weeks of vacation
💲 Up to $3000 towards your next trip
🧑✈️ Access to a personal travel concierge
Upon request, CrowdRiff will provide job applicants with any accommodations they may require for the interview process, candidate assessments, and all other applicable steps within the recruitment and selection process. When requested, CrowdRiff will consult with the applicant to provide suitable accommodations.
CrowdRiff is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.