Senior Mobile Software Engineer
CrowdBlink is Canada’s next generation event management platform offering event organizers a mobile, all-in-one solution for event ticketing, access control, cashless payments, and guest engagement. CrowdBlink is the backbone platform for some of the world’s largest festivals including Tomorrowland, Coachella, Bonnaroo, Taste Food Festivals, The Ryder Cup, and many more.
As a remote-first company, CrowdBlink gives their employees the opportunity and autonomy to work from anywhere with access to exclusive perks and event experiences. Working as a Senior Mobile Software Engineer, you’ll be expected to lead the development efforts of our microservice architecture, data pipelines, and data streams. You’ll also have the opportunity to make an impact on a wide variety of technological and architectural decisions, spanning across multiple teams and channels.
If you’re a seasoned engineer who brings knowledge, experience, and initiative to building backend systems at scale and have a passion for making a positive impact on event experiences – CrowdBlink wants to hear from you.
What you'll do
- Contribute to architectural and design discussions.
- Work with a cross-functional team to scope out complex problems, break them down, and guide their implementation.
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders and suggest best practices to solve complex engineering tasks.
- Influence other senior engineers by advocating engineering best practices.
- Create architecture and design documents.
- Write native and cross platform code using React Native and Swift/Objective-C/Kotlin.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer in a professional setting.
- Knowledge of React Native and React is required and knowledge of one native platform is preferred (Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin).
- A complete understanding of the full mobile app development lifecycle right from prototyping to production-grade code.
- A solid understanding of iOS/Android compatibility issues, and ways to work around them.
- Good eye for user experience and user interface.
- Experience with Serverless Architecture.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process, if you require a specific accommodation, please let us know.