Staff Software Engineer
CrowdBlink is Canada’s next generation event management platform offering event organizers a mobile, all-in-one solution for event ticketing, access control, cashless payments, and guest engagement. CrowdBlink is the backbone platform for some of the world’s largest festivals including Tomorrowland, Coachella, Bonnaroo, Taste Food Festivals, The Ryder Cup, and many more.
As a remote-first company, CrowdBlink gives their employees the opportunity and autonomy to work from anywhere with access to exclusive perks and event experiences. Working as a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll be expected to lead the development efforts of our microservice architecture, data pipelines, and data streams. You’ll also have the opportunity to make an impact on a wide variety of technological and architectural decisions, spanning across multiple teams and channels.
If you’re a seasoned engineer who brings knowledge, experience, and initiative to building backend systems at scale and have a passion for making a positive impact on event experiences – CrowdBlink wants to hear from you.
What you'll do
- Design and engineer microservices.
- Lead the direction and strategy of CrowdBlink's architecture.
- Work with a cross-functional team to scope out complex problems, break them down, and guide their implementation.
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders and suggest best practices to solve complex engineering tasks.
- Influence other senior engineers by advocating engineering best practices.
- Create architecture and design documents.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer in a professional setting.
- Previous experience in delivering highly scalable systems as a senior or staff engineer.
- Expert knowledge of SaaS-type architecture.
- Experience deploying production-grade serverless architectures on GCP or AWS.
- Experience with NoSQL databases and design best practices.
- Designed and implemented complex caching layers and mechanisms.
- Hands on coding skills at a senior level or above in Typescript.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process, if you require a specific accommodation, please let us know.