Thermal Mechanical Engineer, Passive Cooling Products
ABOUT COOLIT SYSTEMS INC.
Founded in Calgary, Alberta in 2001, CoolIT Systems is the leading Direct Liquid Cooling technology provider for data centers, supercomputers, and desktop computers. We design and manufacture solutions used by the largest tech companies globally.
Recognized as one of “The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023” by Financial Times and honored with the Deloitte Fast 50 Clean Technology award in 2022, as well as the Deloitte Fast 500 distinction in both 2021 and 2022, CoolIT's rapid growth is capturing global attention.
As demand for generative AI, high performance computing and cloud solutions rapidly expands, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Reporting to the Thermal Mechanical Engineering Manager, Thermal Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of Direct Liquid Cooling products such as passive coldplate loops and rack & chassis manifolds.
The expected salary range for this role is 1900000 – 220000 NTD per month.
Please note the salary information is a general guideline only. Salaries offered are based on skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Lead the design and development of custom passive coldplate loops and rack & chassis manifolds considering factors such as heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and manufacturability.
- Perform advanced simulations and analyses using software tools to ensure optimal coldplate performance.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, customers, and industry partners to ensure seamless integration of products into overall cooling system designs and effective project execution.
- Oversee the fabrication and testing of products, conduct experiments, collect data, and iterate designs to achieve desired thermal and mechanical performance.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve product design methodologies, manufacturing processes, and materials selection to enhance overall system efficiency and reliability.
- Create detailed engineering documentation, reports, and technical presentations to effectively communicate design concepts, testing results, and recommendations to both internal teams and external stakeholders.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in thermal/mechanical engineering
- Legally authorized to work in Taiwan without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficiency in using CAD and simulation software (e.g. Solidworks, Celsius EC) to create detailed mechanical designs & drawings and predict & optimize performance.
- Solid understanding of fluid dynamics principles, especially as they relate to heat transfer and fluid flow in cooling systems.
- Experience with rapid prototyping manufacturing techniques and testing of thermal/mechanical components; familiarity with lab equipment for data collection.
- Proven ability to design components for mass production using a variety of different manufacturing methods and engineering principles (Statistical tolerance analysis, GD&T, FMEA)
We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume will be kept on file, and you may be contacted if a future suitable position becomes available.
Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo background checks including criminal records check and education.