Service Operations Team Lead
Founded in Calgary, Alberta in 2001, CoolIT Systems is the leading Direct Liquid Cooling technology provider for data centers, supercomputers, and desktop computers. We design and manufacture solutions used by the largest tech companies globally.
Recognized as one of “The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023” by Financial Times and honored with the Deloitte Fast 50 Clean Technology award in 2022, as well as the Deloitte Fast 500 distinction in both 2021 and 2022, CoolIT's rapid growth is capturing global attention.
As demand for generative AI, high performance computing and cloud solutions rapidly expands, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
An exciting and challenging position exists as the Service Operations Team Lead within CoolIT’s Professional Services team. This role will report into the Director of Product Deployment. As a key leader on the team, you will contribute to CoolIT’s excellence in our professional services offerings that support our customers and products around the world.
- Establish a strategic professional service offering that exceeds customer expectations and is enabled by a capable network of Authorized Service Providers
- Set and maintain an expectation of excellence among our Authorized Service Providers
- Build a world-class training and certification program for the installation, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of CoolIT products
- Drive our professional services practice toward new revenue streams
WHO YOU ARE:
- Relevant technical diploma and/or Bachelor’s degree in engineering. Must have a refined balance of office professionalism and hands-on technical abilities
- 5+ years experience in field services
- 3+ years experience managing trades contractors
- 3+ years experience in data center construction, planning and/or project management
- Awareness of data center cooling strategies considered a strong asset
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people to achieve maximum efficiency on and offsite
- Demonstrated knowledge of plumbing, HVAC and PLCs. Should specialize in hydronic heating and cooling loops and equipment (radiant tube/fin, one pipe, two pipe direct return, reverse return, conduction)
- Experience in deploying products in partnership with customers, end-users and other stakeholders seen as an asset
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, above-average communication skills, and a high level of customer service
- Acts with a sense of urgency illustrates ambition and drives for completion of tasks/projects
- Solid organizational skills including time management, attention to detail, and multitasking
- Motivated, creative, collaborative, and results-oriented
- Overflowing with exuberance, energy, and enthusiasm
We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values.
We are a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Vacation and flex days, and paid company-wide shutdown during the holiday season.
- Comprehensive benefits including Dental, Drugs, Optical, Paramedical and Health Spending. These costs are covered by CoolIT and are enacted from your first day.
- Dress for your day – in a casual yet professional environment.
- Retention rewards like “The Big Coffee Break” that reward tenure with additional vacation time and a monetary bonus.
- Employee ownership program.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume will be kept on file, and you may be contacted if a future suitable position becomes available.
Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo background checks including criminal records check and education.