Supplier Quality Engineer
ABOUT COOLIT SYSTEMS INC.
Founded in Calgary, Alberta in 2001, CoolIT Systems is the leading Direct Liquid Cooling technology provider for data centers, supercomputers, and desktop computers. We design and manufacture solutions used by the largest tech companies globally.
Recognized as one of “The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023” by Financial Times and honored with the Deloitte Fast 50 Clean Technology award in 2022, as well as the Deloitte Fast 500 distinction in both 2021 and 2022, CoolIT's rapid growth is capturing global attention.
As demand for generative AI, high performance computing and cloud solutions rapidly expands, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
We are seeking a talented Supplier Quality Engineer to join our Supplier Quality team. The SQE is responsible to drive part suppliers and contracted manufacturer performance, procedures, and processes in collaboration with procurement, manufacturing, quality, and engineering teams. This role will report to the Manager of Supplier Quality and will be integral to our commitment to delivering quality products.
- Lead NPI product quality approval with engineering and part suppliers and CM to develop, implement, and maintain Process Flows, PFEMA, Control Plans, MSAs, and Quality Plans
- Establish and implement inspections, test methods, and inspection sampling plans to ensure performance and quality of the product meet product specifications and expectations for both production level components and finished devices
- Implement PPAP (FAI). PPAP include FAI, Material Certificates, Quality/Process Control Plan, FMEA, MSA, Process Parameter Sheet, RoHS compliance, Reliability Test, COC
- Perform root cause investigation for supplier product quality issues and ensure supplier corrective/preventive actions are in place
- Drive supplier CIP(Continuous Improvement Process) to meet company’s goal, monthly supplier meeting review the progress; yearly supplier audit and follow up audit findings
- Implement the new supplier qualification process through capability matching, supplier risk assessment, supplier self-assessment, on-site qualification audit, qualification database management, etc.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Post-secondary education.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Degree in Engineering
- Experience in ISO audits, PFMEA, MSA, PPAP
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values.
We are a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Vacation and flex days, and paid company-wide shutdown during the holiday season.
- Comprehensive benefits including Dental, Drugs, Optical, Paramedical and Health Spending. These costs are covered by CoolIT and are enacted from your first day.
- Dress for your day – in a casual yet professional environment.
- Retention rewards like “The Big Coffee Break” that reward tenure with additional vacation time and a monetary bonus.
- Employee ownership program.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume will be kept on file, and you may be contacted if a future suitable position becomes available.
Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo background checks including criminal records check and education.