Founded in Calgary, Alberta in 2001, CoolIT Systems is the leading Direct Liquid Cooling technology provider for data centers, supercomputers, and desktop computers. We design and manufacture solutions used by the largest tech companies globally.
Recognized as one of “The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023” by Financial Times and honored with the Deloitte Fast 50 Clean Technology award in 2022, as well as the Deloitte Fast 500 distinction in both 2021 and 2022, CoolIT's rapid growth is capturing global attention.
As demand for generative AI, high performance computing and cloud solutions rapidly expands, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Project Engineer at CoolIT’s head office in Calgary, Alberta. This role will report into the Director of Product Deployment. As a member of the Professional Services (PFS) team, you will be accountable for the end-to-end activities required to deliver a successful data center deployment with global tier I customers.
As part of the broader Product group, your role will be to work closely with customers to ensure a seamless execution of site deployment.
- Accountable for all aspects of commercial and technical requirements for CoolIT’s liquid cooling technology deployments and managing schedules for each designated project
- Establish standardization of software, processes, tools, document templates, and contracts to assist in running each project from initial engagement at the opportunity qualification stage to the final deployment stage
- Work closely with the other members of the Professional Services team, to develop productized services offerings and engage with Field Specialists on-site at the initial site survey and deployment stages of the project
- Collaborate with server OEM sales representatives and solution architects to design and deploy industry leading liquid-cooled High-Performance Compute systems, often listed on the Top 500 list of world’s most powerful supercomputers
- Introduce CoolIT’s technology on joint sales calls with CoolIT’s server OEM partners and their High- Performance Compute customers, identifying the products and services required to achieve a successful outcome
- Engage with Field Specialists on-site at the initial site survey and deployment stages of the project
- Confidently get hands-on with our products and train others in their installation, commissioning and maintenance
- Architect liquid cooling systems worldwide in a variety of data centers, using various thermal and flow engineering software tools
- Oversee the creation of detailed project schedules, negotiate contracts, engage on product pricing decisions, and create tools which contribute to resource planning, as well as authorized service provider (ASP) engagement & training platforms
- Manage customers, market risks and issues responding with the appropriate level of planning and action to ensure all product commitments are met for each project
- Measure and report project status using appropriate tools, techniques, and metrics.
- Report and escalate to management potential issues and risks as needed
- Hold regular meetings to ensure cross-functional team members communicate effectively and ensure that all Product risks are identified in a timely fashion.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with strong account management and project management skills
- 5+ years experience in solution design and deployment
- 1-year minimum experience in a project management role
- Field engineering experience seen as an asset
- Knowledge of data center and IT markets; awareness of data center cooling strategies considered a strong asset
- Experience in deploying products in partnership with customers, end-users and other stakeholders seen as an asset.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, above average communication skills, and a high level of customer service
- Acts with a sense of urgency, illustrates ambition and drives for completion of tasks/projects
- Solid organizational skills including time management, attention to detail, and multitasking
- Motivated, creative, collaborative, and results oriented
- Overflowing with exuberance, energy, and enthusiasm
We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values.
We are a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Vacation and flex days, and paid company-wide shutdown during the holiday season.
- Comprehensive benefits including Dental, Drugs, Optical, Paramedical and Health Spending. These costs are covered by CoolIT and are enacted from your first day.
- Dress for your day – in a casual yet professional environment.
- Retention rewards like “The Big Coffee Break” that reward tenure with additional vacation time and a monetary bonus.
- Employee ownership program.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume will be kept on file, and you may be contacted if a future suitable position becomes available.
Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo background checks including criminal records check and education.