Test Engineer - Electronics
Founded in Calgary, Alberta in 2001, CoolIT Systems is the leading Direct Liquid Cooling technology provider for data centers, supercomputers, and desktop computers. We design and manufacture solutions used by the largest tech companies globally.
Recognized as one of “The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023” by Financial Times and honored with the Deloitte Fast 50 Clean Technology award in 2022, as well as the Deloitte Fast 500 distinction in both 2021 and 2022, CoolIT's rapid growth is capturing global attention.
As demand for generative AI, high performance computing and cloud solutions rapidly expands, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Test Engineer - Electronics will oversee consumer products’ test and qualification activities at CoolIT. You will be responsible for writing test plans and execute test activities. You will also be responsible for development of software and hardware test simulators and emulators. Additionally, you will be performing root cause analysis and presenting findings to internal and external teams when needed.
Reporting to Team Lead (Test and Qualification), this is an excellent opportunity for an independent and experienced test engineer who strives for testing excellence and wants to contribute to the future of scalable computer cooling solutions.
- Develop and implement test plans that will ensure compliance to internal, or customer defined standards
- Attend internal and external meetings with different time zones
- Understand hardware and software requirements and design documents to develop comprehensive test strategies and procedures
- Conduct hardware and software testing, troubleshooting, investigation of design defects and perform root cause analysis
- Understand schematic (proteus and Altium) diagrams and perform PCBA testing
- Develop test simulators (with GUI) using C/C++, Python and Proteus
- Component selection and preparation of bill of materials for electromechanical systems and lab tools
- Prepare technical reports and documentation
- Work with test and qualification department and project teams to remove any roadblocks and to optimize project delivery
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- Solid experience in setting up and using DAQ’s, sensors and actuators
- Knowledge of programming tools such as LabView, Python, C/C++, Embedded C etc.
- Strong working knowledge of embedded systems such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), microcontrollers, Raspberry Pi, etc.
- Experience in electrical and electronic circuits simulation (proteus, pspice, ltspice, etc.)
- Working knowledge of RS232, RS485, Modbus, I2C, TCP/IP and UDP protocols
- Experience in using bench tools (oscilloscope, power analyzer, logic analyzer, multimer, etc)
- Demonstrated experience in testing and qualifying electro-mechanical parts and systems
- Mentoring of staff on test procedures, test development and best practices for product development
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- BS or MS in Electronics, Electrical or Electrical & Computer engineering
We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values.
We are a company that is full of vibrant, innovative people who love what we do. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Vacation and flex days, and paid company-wide shutdown during the holiday season.
- Comprehensive benefits including Dental, Drugs, Optical, Paramedical and Health Spending. These costs are covered by CoolIT and are enacted from your first day.
- Dress for your day – in a casual yet professional environment.
- Retention rewards like “The Big Coffee Break” that reward tenure with additional vacation time and a monetary bonus.
- Employee ownership program.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume will be kept on file, and you may be contacted if a future suitable position becomes available.
Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo background checks including criminal records check and education.