ABOUT COOLIT SYSTEMS INC.
Founded in Calgary, Alberta in 2001, CoolIT Systems is the leading Direct Liquid Cooling technology provider for data centers, supercomputers, and desktop computers. We design and manufacture solutions used by the largest tech companies globally.
Recognized as one of “The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023” by Financial Times and honored with the Deloitte Fast 50 Clean Technology award in 2022, as well as the Deloitte Fast 500 distinction in both 2021 and 2022, CoolIT's rapid growth is capturing global attention.
As demand for generative AI, high performance computing and cloud solutions rapidly expands, there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
We are seeking a talented Electrical Engineer to join our Engineering team. We are looking for someone able to communicate effectively in English and who has the ability to confront clients in meetings and respond well to questions. This role will report to the Director of Product Development and will be integral to contributing to the future of scalable computer cooling solutions.
The expected salary range for this role is 83,300 - 116,500 TWD per month.
Please note the salary information is a general guideline only. Salaries offered are based on skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Follow all documented processes to ensure ISO-9001 compliance standards are met.
- Play significant role in product development for next generation data center cooling products.
- Conduct and participate in client interactions to determine requirements.
- Prepare early design concepts and contribute to product architecture including system block diagrams.
- Design microprocessor based embedded electronics including circuit schematics, bill of materials, circuit artwork, 3D model, and cable specifications under the guidance of a senior engineer.
- Develop and review plans to manufacture, test, and verify the operation of new components and systems.
- Complete circuit behaviour simulations using varying input signals.
- Conduct prototype board bring-up and testing.
- Develop circuit board firmware using C (programming language).
- Thoroughly document all aspects of the design and testing, including entering design specification data into our Altium 365, Solidworks PDM, and Arena PLM databases.
- Conduct and participate in lab testing and verifications.
- Engage in and lead meetings and presentations with customers.
- Support the submission of ECN and ECR documentation.
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Legally authorized to work in Taiwan without company sponsorship.
- Knowledge of design for manufacturability and assembly (DFM/DFA) concepts.
- Experience with Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (dFMEA)
- Experience in electrical engineering and circuit board design/bring-up.
- Experience designing cable assemblies and wire harnesses.
- Experience designing circuit boards with ball grid array integrated circuits
- Direct experience with schematic capture and preparing artwork.
- Proficient with PCB tools (Altium Designer experience preferable), including 3D PCBA models.
- Proficient with Programming tools (IAR Embedded Workbench experience preferable)
- Knowledge of material science and electromagnetic compatibility
- Knowledge of cooling strategies used in the data center industry
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written form)
- Ability to prepare and define system architecture and plan implementation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to confront clients in meetings and respond well to questions.
- Strong focus on product quality.
We strive to be an employer of choice and as such we believe in rewarding our employees with career and development opportunities that will maintain and strengthen our culture while aligning to our vision and values.
We thank every candidate in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your resume will be kept on file, and you may be contacted if a future suitable position becomes available.
Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo background checks including criminal records check and education.