Field Service Technician
Cooledge is leading a new revolution in lighting. We are the company that changed the paradigm of the light source by introducing flexible LED light sheets that deliver high quality illumination in a form factor that is seamless, adaptable, and scalable when compared to traditional lamps.
Now Cooledge is changing the paradigm of the luminaire from traditional points and lines to large-scale luminous ceilings that deliver a unique immersive illumination experience.
Cooledge has delivered innovative illumination products to customers worldwide and supports a global sales channel of direct sales, distribution partners and manufacturer’s representatives.
The Field Service Technician will provide direct customer assistance professionally, efficiently and with enthusiasm. They must be able to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, work independently, and develop good working relationships with customers and internal teams.
Position Responsibilities, includes but not limited to:
- Provide on-going technical support through the warranty period, including travel and work on customer sites as needed.
- Provide customer training as needed.
- Representing the Company, interface with customers on all post-order services, including support of project efforts and resolution of critical customer situations.
- Participate in post-service meetings to address quality issues and learnings.
- When working at a customer site, understanding and adherence to customers' safety regulations.
- Manage custom project involving installation backlog, coordinate with Ops team on fulfillment requirements
- Schedule and order installation services
- Work with installers and internal finance team to ensure commission reports are completed before approving invoices for payment
- Provide field install and tech support during and after installations in coordination with the Design and Engineering teams to ensure successful project completions
- Engage and work hand-in-hand with the engineering teams to solve complex technical problems in the field
- Maintain trip reports and develop “best practices” in the field
- Provide EC and installer training and on-boarding, at times supporting installer on-site when needed
- Frequent travel is required (50% to 75%)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technology certificate in Engineering, Science or technical equivalent
- 2-3 years in applications engineering, project management or electrical engineering , preferably in a lighting related industry
- In-depth knowledge of lighting, lighting or electrical components, electrical distribution or related industries
- Experience working in a dynamic environment with evolving requirements and high expectations.
- Strong program and project management skills with focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Positive attitude as well as excellent communication, presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about helping customers get more out of their lighting investments
- Must be able to handle field troubleshooting and correction of any problem installation or applications.
- Experience in providing technical support over the phone or email.
- Possess strong technical skills and the ability to be flexible and prioritize multiple projects concurrently
- Display good judgment, maintain positive employee and customer relations, and create an exciting work environment.
- Possesses independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action in solving problems.
- Extensive capabilities in CAD, Excel, Word, is required.
- The job requires travelling to and operate out of a customer facility -- could be vehicle, train or plane and could in many require overnight stays.
Cooledge offers a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on our company, please visit our website at www.cooledgelighting.com
Note: We would like to thank everyone who applies, but only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Thank you very much for your interest in Cooledge Lighting.
No telephone or agency solicitations please!
Something looks off?