Senior Talent Manager
ContactMonkey helps businesses boost growth and productivity through their internal communications. With our powerful tech stack, businesses can create, send, and track HTML email within Outlook or Gmail. Today, ContactMonkey’s software is being leveraged within the world’s leading Enterprise organizations, including brands like Rogers, IKEA and KPMG!
2023 has been a great year at ContactMonkey! Here’s what we’ve been up to…
- Ranked by the Globe & Mail as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies
- Recognized as part of the 2023 Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ awards program as one of the fastest-growing technology companies based on the highest revenue-growth percentage for over 4 yearS
- Recognized in Deloitte Technology Fast 500™as one of the fastest growing companies in North America
- And finally to cap off the year we just raised a $55 million Series A financing!
All of this to say the people we hire are key drivers of our success! With ContactMonkey you have the opportunity to make a significant impact while driving your career forward. Our team is constantly growing and this means our Talent team is always on the lookout for exceptional people to help us deliver. We are looking for a Senior Talent Manager to help us scale our recruiting engine.
The successful hire is a natural advocate for ContactMonkey. You will test and deliver ways to push our brand in the market, attracting exceptional talent and building a compelling culture.
We understand that joining a team is one of the most important decisions you make ❤️, and adding a team member is one of the most important decisions we’ll make. Through our process, we want you to get to know us and understand how you approach problems, learn, and what motivates you!
About the job
As the Senior Manager of Talent, you will join our people operations team, with a focus on driving organizational growth, enhancing talent development strategies, and working as a key member in designing and implementing impactful people operations initiatives. Reporting to the Director of People and Culture, you will thrive in the dynamic environment of a growing company and collaborate with an organization reshaping workplace internal communications.
This is a hybrid role in our Toronto office. Our team is currently coming into the office 2 days per week.
What you will be doing
- Craft and execute a proactive talent strategy encompassing external recruitment and internal talent development programs.
- Continually building a robust, diverse global talent network and prioritizing essential hires.
- Source and attract exceptional talent through outreach, networking, and online channels.
- Define and analyze key employee metrics, identifying trends and suggesting actionable improvements.
- Collaborate with leaders and employees to enhance workforce engagement, retention, and well-being.
- Create and refine employee programs, including succession planning, learning and development, and onboarding.
- Assist managers and employees in performance management preparation, analyzing trends, and proposing organizational actions.
- Our people, presenting innovative ideas and proposed action plans.
- Incorporate market intelligence to enhance the employee experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience including both technical recruitment and program development experience.
- Experience managing a team
- The ability to cultivate deep connections with colleagues, and a proven track record in being instrumental in shaping employee experience.
- Experience establishing an employment brand that stands out within the marketplace.
- Experience developing compelling, forward-thinking people operations programs.
- Ability to utilize data insights effectively to drive better talent and people operations strategies.
- Experience working with a range of leaders - new managers, directors, senior leaders and executives.
How you can stand out
- Previous experience in startups or scaleups.
- Previous experience in tech, SaaS or B2B environments
The Interview Process:
Stage 1: A 25-minute Zoom video call with a member of the Talent team
Stage 2: A 60-minute Zoom video call with our Director of People and Culture, Jade Garrido
Stage 3: A take-home case study on how you would approach Talent Acquisition at ContactMonkey, followed by a 60-minute presentation of your solution to our Talent team
Stage 4: A 30-minute meet and greet with our CEO, Scott Pielsticker
🏥 Comprehensive benefits program (health & dental) with $2000 towards mental health services and support!
🤒 5 sick days per year!
📚 Monthly stipend for personal and professional growth!
💰 Stock option plan!
🏝 Generous vacation package!
🧖 1 personal day to do as you please!
☀️ Summer hours in July and August!
🌎 Work from anywhere in the world for 6 weeks!
💼 Downtown Toronto office for a change of workspace routine!
🤝 A supportive team who celebrates successes and tackles challenges together!
Our team is reimagining what it means to send and receive valuable communications to an entire workforce. By joining ContactMonkey, rest assured our wickedly smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas in everything we do. We're looking for talented people who want to grow their career with us while making an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications; if you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway!
ContactMonkey does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.