Head of Content Marketing
ContactMonkey helps businesses boost growth and productivity through their internal communications. With our powerful tech stack, businesses can create, send, and track HTML emails within Outlook or Gmail. Today, ContactMonkey’s software is being leveraged within the world’s leading enterprise organizations, including brands like Rogers and IKEA! We are pumped to be the best-of-class for internal employee communications.
About the job:
The ContactMonkey marketing team has big plans for the coming quarters – and none bigger than our mission to scale our content marketing results. We’re on the lookout for a Head of Content Marketing to help us get there.
In this role, you’ll oversee, manage, and grow our current content team, while building a sustainable, conversion-focus content strategy. We’re looking for someone who has experience managing an in-house content team or freelancers in a B2B SaaS setting. We’re a business driven 95% by inbound with the majority of our inbound revenue coming from organic content and we need someone to help us scale this to the next level, beyond blog posts.
Ranked as Globe and Mail & Deloitte Technology Fastest-Growing Canadian business this year, the people we hire are key drivers of our success! With ContactMonkey you have the opportunity to make a significant impact while advancing your career. Our team is constantly growing and this means our Talent team is always on the lookout for exceptional people to help us deliver.
We understand that joining a team is one of the most important decisions you make ❤️, and adding a team member is one of the most important decisions we'll make. Through our process, we want you to get to know us and understand how you approach problems, learn, and what motivates you!
What you'll be doing:
- Own the website’s overall content marketing strategy and align all content output to ContactMonkey’s quarterly business objectives (Leads, Opportunities, Demo Conducted, ARR)
- Work cross-functionally with the product, sales, and customer success team to ensure that we’re aligning and updating content based on different needs
- Maintain expertly-organized editorial calendars for the content we deliver across all funnel stages and channels (blog, video, ebooks, reports)
- Use search data (Ahrefs, SEMrush, Search Console, Google Trends) to understand user intent in order to drive SEO strategy and identify business opportunities
- Perform fundamental on-page & off-page SEO activities, including but not limited to: keyword research/ranking analysis, competitive market analysis, keyword-friendly copywriting, content development/management, metadata updates, and analysis of ContactMonkey web properties
- Work closely with our SEO consultant and content team to ensure that all assets are SEO optimized, aligned to the latest SEO strategy, and reflect SEO best practices
- Build and lead the content team, ensuring the production of high-quality content that aligns with business objectives
- Own full-funnel reporting for content (Google Analytics, Hubspot, Salesforce)
- Own the hiring and onboarding process of new content writers
- You’re a subject-matter expert on content best-practices and SEO industry trends
- You can manage and execute - you’re not afraid to take on new projects, prioritize tasks, and solve problems in real-time using your own judgment
- You have a desire to intimately understand the needs of our customers, with the ability to translate company priorities and product features into language that resonates with our audience and drives top of funnel conversion
You’ll get major bonus points for:
- Proven track record of creating successful content programs in B2B settings
- Demonstrated experience in designing and optimizing content team structure and processes
- Deep understanding of content marketing and SEO, with experience in data-driven content marketing and content performance metrics
- Strong leadership skills and previous experience managing a team
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Significant experience in content strategy and storytelling
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and learn from failures
- Efficient time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
What’s in it for you?
🏥 Comprehensive benefits program (health & dental)!
📚 Monthly stipend for personal and professional growth!
💰 Stock option plan!
🏝 Generous vacation package!
🧖 1 personal day to do as you please!
☀️ Summer hours in July and August!
🌎 Work from anywhere in the world for 6 weeks!
💼 Downtown Toronto office for a change of workspace routine!
🤝 A supportive team who celebrates successes and tackles challenges together!
ContactMonkey does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application