Imagine your future at Conavi!
Join our collaborative team in the design, manufacture, and sale of an innovative intravascular imaging system to improve cardiac care.
Conavi Medical’s Novasight Hybrid System enables simultaneous imaging of a patient’s coronary arteries using both intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) and Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) technologies.
If you would like to be a part of a growing and talented team that is making a difference in healthcare, we are currently looking for an R&D Engineer to support, develop, or enhance electromechanical systems for new and current medical devices from concept through to the transfer to manufacturing.
In this position, you will:
- Support the development of electrical and mechanical systems for medical device or components per R&D project plans and medical device standards
- Provide input on tasks during the creation of the R&D project plan and subsequent progress updates
- Design medical devices or their components (new or modifications to existing) for all phases of product development lifecycle
- Create or modify device or component prototypes for design testing
- Develop test plans and methods and conduct bench-level testing to ensure device or component requirements are achieved
- Prepare written reports on the implemented design and testing
- Input on verification and validation activities, risk analysis, design for manufacturing/assembly
- Develop the engineering documentation including drawing packages and the Bill of Materials (BOM) that facilitate the effective transfer of the design to manufacturing
- Review and input on work of other development engineers especially at junior or peer level
- Liaise with contract design and development companies by providing input on current technical matters
- Collaborate with colleagues in manufacturing, marketing and quality to support problem resolution, root cause analysis, continuous improvement and product compliance as required
- Participate and adhere to health & safety initiatives and requirements
You possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or above engineering degree (electronics, control system, electrical is preferred)
- Design engineering experience ideally with medical devices in a fast-paced medical device company (electrical, mechanical and/or control systems preferred)
- Proven skills in applying standard technical documentation practices such as Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and PCB layout/stackup calculations
- Proven experience with 3D CAD (e.g. Solidworks, PDM) as well as PCB design/simulation (e.g. Altium, LTSpice)
- Proven experience with control system concepts (motor control, PID and feedback loops, PWM drive systems)
- Familiarity with medical device development standards (IEC60601, ISO14971) considered an asset
- Skilled in technical problem identification and resolution
- Ability to operate in a regulated environment related to the design and manufacture of medical devices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other productivity software programs
- A strong attention to detail
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently
Conavi Medical values diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, visible minorities, indigenous people, and persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation or other grounds protected by human rights legislation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.
Please submit a cover letter and resume directly to Conavi Medical through the Careers section of our website at www.conavi.com.