Intermediate Frontend Developer (Canada Only, Hybrid or Remote)
Colony provides business networking services to major telecom carriers like Telus, Cogeco and Rogers. We've been referred to as the "Business" behind Business Internet... and it's true. Unlike residential broadband or a personal mobile plan, Business Internet services are provided to both Small-to-Medium and Enterprise customers with advanced features like proactive device/circuit monitoring, corporate/guest wi-fi portals, remote network access control, and others. That's what we do today.
With a vision to innovate further and expand internationally, Colony is now laying the foundation for additional growth and to further embrace IoT applications, machine learning and network automation. The successful candidate will continue to build upon our existing toolset and dashboard while collaborating with both backend and frontend teams.
If our tech looks interesting and you think you would make a good fit based on what you see below, we'd love to hear from you. Also, don't forget to take a look at our website at colonynetworks.com to see what we do in more detail.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking an Intermediate Frontend Software Engineer with excellent communication skills and a strong sense of ownership. The successful candidate should have more than 2 years of full-time frontend backend development experience.
Who You Are…
You are a highly competent software engineer with modern stack competencies. You are driven and excited to work with a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment - solving real world problems that directly impact our users. You've proven yourself as a valued contributor to agile teams and are looking forward to taking the lead on smaller projects.
You're comfortable using and happy to quickly learn tools in a modern/proven stack that includes: React, Typescript and more. Finally, your technical experience is advancing rapidly and when you need some help... you favour transparency and seek out guidance from your peers or manager sooner-than-later. Finally, your pursuit of excellence is evident in your attention to detail and your history of high quality work.
What you'll do
- Build new user-facing features with beautiful and scalable UI components
- Implement complex React components like drag & drop, virtualized rendering of large data collections, charts, map views and more
- Write type-safe and maintainable code
- Write efficient algorithms to render large data collections
Technology we use
- Tailwind CSS
- Design system using shadCN & Radix UI component library
- Framer-motion for animations
- Zustand and query params to handle application state.
- Generated type-safe GraphQL queries with react-query
- CraftJS react editor
- Vite & Vitest
- 2 or more years experience with React
- 2 or more years experience with TypeScript
- Experience with e2e testing
- Work in concert with technical team(s) to deliver great software in a CI/CD culture.
- Help maintain and triage engineering priorities and backlog.
- Learn new technologies quickly and switch contexts with ease.
- Effectively communicate your questions and ideas to managers and peers.
- Participate with team members across N. American time zones multiple times per day.
Optional skills that could put you at the front of the pack
- Functional experience with GitHub Actions is an asset.
- Experience with feature flags and/or keycloak
- Have worked with automated CI/CD pipelines.
- General knowledge of IP-based networks and related devices (routers, switches, access points, firewalls).
- Passionate about the future state of Fixed/Wi-Fi/Cellular networks, IoT and Security.
- Enthusiastic about machine learning and the potential for AI in the network space.
- You’ve participated in, and enjoy Hackathons.
- You’ve worked in a startup/scale-up environment before
- Remote first company
- Hybrid/remote home office budget
- Hybrid/remote socials and local events from time-to-time.
- Paid time-off benefits
- Financial perks for training and development
- Phone/Internet budget
- Possible stock option plan participation
- Colony Networks is not using 3rd party recruiters for this position and does not intend to do so.
- Colony will NOT be using any outsourced personnel as we prefer to hire directly.
All applicants for this position must be legally permitted to work in Canada and have a valid Social Insurance Number.