Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (Canada Only, Hybrid or Remote)
Colony Networks Inc.
Colony provides Business Networking services to major telecom carriers like Telus, Cogeco and Rogers. We've been referred to as the "Business" behind Business Internet... and it's true. Unlike residential broadband or personal mobile plans, Business Internet services are provided to both Small-to-Medium and Enterprise customers with advanced features like proactive device/circuit monitoring, corporate/guest wi-fi portals, remote Network Access Control, and others. That's what we do today.
With a vision to innovate further and expand internationally, Colony is now laying the foundation for additional growth and to further embrace IoT applications, machine learning and network automation. The successful candidate will be tasked with prototyping and extending upon our existing platform to build out new feature sets that work with our existing complex data pipelines, APIS, and other backend resources..
If our tech looks interesting and you think you would make a good fit based on what you see below, we'd love to hear from you. Also, don't forget to take a look at our website at colonynetworks.com to see what we do in more detail.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer with excellent communication skills and a strong sense of ownership. The successful candidate should have more than 5-7 years of full-time complex backend development and deployment experience.
Who You Are…
You are a highly competent software engineer with modern full-stack competency. You are driven and excited to work with a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment - solving real world problems that directly impact our users. You’ve proven yourself as a valued contributor to agile teams and have already been given the opportunity to take the lead on a few initiatives.
You appreciate the pace and agility required for technology companies to thrive. While you embrace a well defined Product Roadmap to guide engineering priorities, you are naturally proactive working with high level business objectives and know when to ask questions and when to dig in and figure it out.
Your technical experience with at-scale web technologies allows you to lead by example and your communication style favours transparency. Finally, your pursuit of excellence is evident in your attention to detail and your history of high quality deployments.
- Work in concert with technical teams to deliver great software in a CI/CD culture.
- Own technical excellence for all your deliverables and participate in regular code reviews
- Work with Product Management & Sales to help define feature capabilities and provide effort estimates.
Skills and Capabilities
- Highly knowledgeable with modern open source technology stack focusing on Python.
- Functional experience with GitHub Actions
- DevOps CI/CD knowledge including use of DevOps tools such as GIT, Kubernetes, Docker, YAML, etc.
- Have worked in production w/ multiple open-source languages and are comfortable picking up new languages.
- Very competent working with, building and maintaining REST APIs
- Practical knowledge of building and implementing highly efficient micro-services.
- Experienced working with structured and unstructured data in Big Data (BigQuery, Elasticsearch, etc.) environments.
- Experience building at-scale, highly available, and distributed applications.
- Applying appropriate design patterns/best practices, given a problem.
- Building, running, and maintaining cloud applications, ideally GCP
- Familiar with Pubsub (Google, Kafka, Pulsar, etc.), caching (Redis, etc.) and Data Pipelines.
- Strong knowledge of Postgres and noSQL databases.
- Maintaining automated test suites and ensuring quality in your code.
- Effectively communicate your ideas to managers and peers.
- General knowledge of IP-based networks and related devices (routers, switches, access points, firewalls).
- Some knowledge of data orchestration, ingestion and reporting.
- Some knowledge about Golang
- Passionate about the future state of Fixed/Wi-Fi/Cellular networks, IoT and Security.
- Enthusiastic about machine learning and the potential for AI in the network space.
- You’ve participated in, and enjoy Hackathons
- Remote first company
- Hybrid/remote home office budget
- Hybrid/remote socials and local events from time-to-time.
- Paid time-off benefits
- Financial perks for training and development
- Phone/Internet budget
- Possible stock option plan participation
- Colony Networks is not using 3rd party recruiters for this position and does not intend to do so.
- Colony will NOT be using any outsourced personnel as we prefer to hire directly.
All applicants for this position must be legally permitted to work in Canada and have a valid Social Insurance Number.
Something looks off?