Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
At CoLab, we want to help mechanical engineering teams bring life-changing products to market years sooner. Our product, CoLab, is the world’s first Design Engagement System (DES) - a software that engineering teams use to engage in meaningful, productive design conversations, so they can make better design decisions. Our customers include large engineering organizations such as Johnson Controls, Komatsu, and Polaris in the industrial equipment, consumer products, automotive, and heavy equipment industries.
CoLab is growing quickly, and we’re looking for a motivated Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our business development team. The ideal candidate is a go-getter with a knack for making conversations happen. You learn from every interaction you have.
You’ll spend your days conducting research to connect with the right engineering leaders, engage in compelling conversations, and deliver SQLs to our team of Account Executives. You are able to work independently but love to collaborate with teammates to fine tune best approaches. You are comfortable with – and eager to learn about – technical subject matter. For this role, you'll need to be comfortable with cold calls and ready to speak with people at all levels of an organization.
What you’ll do:
- Support one of NL’s fastest-growing start-ups to hit its revenue and growth goals by conducting activities that generate sales qualified leads.
- Identify key stakeholders within accounts and act as a trusted advisor to our customers by understanding their business goals, needs, and what is important to them.
- Participate in outbound cold-calling and email campaigns against specific target markets.
- Identify sales opportunities and book meetings with qualified prospects for the Sales team.
- Grow your tech skills by maintaining all activities in SalesLoft and creating opportunities in Salesforce CRM.
What you’ll need:
- Sales Development experience in a SaaS environment.
- Confident in calling and speaking with various levels within an organization, including C-level.
- Experience booking meetings for complex and technical software.
- Previous experience with a CRM, preferably Salesforce.
- Passionate to grow our sales funnel and excited to set the standard for growing the team.
- A can-do attitude; nothing is impossible with some creativity and flexibility.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral.
- This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive compensation package that includes commission and stock options.
- This role offers an extended health and benefits package that includes unlimited paid vacation and RRSP matching.
- Our main office location is in St. John’s, NL where we offer hybrid and remote opportunities. This position has the flexibility to work remotely from anywhere in Newfoundland.
- There will be opportunities for growth from this position to senior/management roles in Sales Development or new opportunities with the Account Executive and Success Teams.
- Success in this role will be measured by the number of identified Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) and number of Sales Accepted Opportunities (SAOs) reached.