Director of Marketing
Marketing & Communications
St. John's, NL, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
At CoLab, we want to help mechanical engineering teams bring life-changing products to market years sooner.
CoLab is a cloud based platform purpose built for fast, effective design review. Using CoLab, multiple engineers, designers, and other stakeholders can review designs together and build off one another's feedback. Engineers at companies like Ford, Komatsu, and Johnson Controls use CoLab to review designs faster, prevent mistakes, and build the next generation of innovative products.
CoLab is growing, marketing is fueling a lot of that growth, and we’re going to keep investing in marketing by bringing on our first director level marketing hire. In this role, you will own content marketing, product marketing, and sales enablement. You will report directly to the CMO and have 2 direct reports (Associate Product Marketing Manager + Senior Brand Designer) to start, with the opportunity to continue building a team as we scale up. Even though this is a leadership role, there will be lots of hands on work – especially in the beginning. We are looking for someone that’s enthusiastic about being a player coach.
You are a strategic marketer first - customer obsessed and insights driven. You have built relationships with existing customers, prospective customers, and churned customers to drive the voice of the customer into your organization.
You also know that good product marketing doesn’t end with the messaging document. In fact, that’s just the beginning. You are adept at influencing other teams (sales, product management, and executives) to align on the same messaging and positioning. This role won’t just be about influencing other teams though: you’ll also directly own content and sales enablement.
The ideal candidate is either…
- A product marketer that’s craving more ownership over the execution
- A content marketer that insists on doing their own customer research
What you'll do:
- Drive customer insight into the organization by proactively building relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Conduct structured customer interviews and use customer insights to build positioning and messaging frameworks.
- Collaborate with the CMO to define content strategy, based on customer needs and business objectives
- Manage all content production across multiple channels and mediums, including written, webinars and in person speaking opps, videos, and sales presentations
- Contribute directly to content by writing great copy for a range of formats – landing pages, survey reports, case studies, blog posts, SEO, presentation slides, etc.
- Own all of CoLab’s organic social media channels (primarily LinkedIn, but also Twitter and Instagram)
- Work with the CMO and the sales team to address bottlenecks in our sales process.
- Collaborate effectively with peers in demand generation, digital marketing + marketing ops
- Lead a small team of two direct reports; recruit, train, and develop a growing team if/when required
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in a product marketing or content marketing role, focused on B2B technology.
- Experience with customer research and proficiency in using data and insights to inform product and GTM strategy.
- Strong track record favorably impacting customer and pipeline outcomes via strong positioning and messaging, campaign planning and execution, and overall thought leadership.
- A combination of strategic product marketing experience and hands-on tactical execution.
- Ability to effectively engage with and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working with customers in manufacturing (industrial equipment, heavy equipment, automotive) a plus.
- Experience leading small teams a plus.
- Compensation: This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive compensation package that includes stock options.
- Canada: This role offers an extended health and benefits package that includes unlimited paid vacation and RRSP matching
- USA: This role offers health and dental insurance (covered at 100% for the employee) and unlimited PTO
- Remote / Hybrid Work Policy: Our main office location is in St. John’s, NL, Canada where we offer hybrid and remote opportunities. This role has the flexibility to work from anywhere in Canada or the USA.