PLM Systems Administrator
St. John's, NL, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, August 1, 2023
CoLab is a team of passionate, collaborative, and driven engineers, developers, designers, and innovators, working together to set the new standard for mechanical engineering design collaboration. Our product, CoLab, is the world’s first Design Engagement System (DES) - a category defining product that Engineering teams use to engage in meaningful, productive design conversations, catch preventable mistakes, and get to market faster. Our customers include large engineering organizations such as Johnson Controls, Komatsu, and Polaris in the industrial equipment, consumer products, automotive, and shipbuilding industries.
As a PLM Systems Administrator you will be responsible for installing, managing and maintaining the various PLM systems we integrate with (Windchill, Teamcenter, 3DExperience, etc.) - from initial setup to security patching and upgrades. You will own testing and quality assurance of the PLM integrations we develop to integrate with our customers. We maintain a suite of PLM systems in different configurations to replicate our customer environments as closely as possible, and these systems are critical to the success of our customer integrations.
What you’ll do
- Installation, configuration and maintenance (security patches, upgrades, etc.) of various PLM systems
- Installation and quality assurance of the CoLab PLM integrations and add-ons
- Work alongside the PLM Integrations Build team and Product Management to provide feedback on integrations, best practices and installations
- Participate in code reviews and help your team deliver high-quality software
- Work with customer IT teams to streamline deployments of CoLab integrations in customer environments
What you’ll need
- Experience managing at least one of (multiple an asset):
- PTC Windchill
- Siemens Teamcenter
- Dassault 3DExperience
- Experience managing both Windows and Linux systems
- Experience with Oracle database management and SQL server
- Experiencing building Windows installer packages considered an asset
- Passion for working in teams with emphasis on respect and continuous improvement
- Willingness to raise your hand when you see something could be done / built better
- Previous experience in Quality Assurance considered an asset
- This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive compensation package that includes commission and stock options.
- This role offers an extended health and benefits package that includes unlimited paid vacation and RRSP matching.
- Success in this role will be measured by functional and up-to-date PLM systems for integrations team use, on-time delivery of product updates, smooth customer implementations, clear communication, and ownership of tasks.