Posted on Monday, November 6, 2023
Who are we?
Cohere is focused on building and deploying large language model (LLM) AI into enterprises in a safe and responsible way that drives human productivity, and creates magical new ways to interact with technology and real business value. We’re a team of highly motivated and experienced engineers, innovators, and disruptors looking to change the face of technology.
Our goals are ambitious, but also concrete and practical. Cohere wants to fundamentally change how businesses operate, making everyone more productive and able to focus on doing better what they do best. Every day, our team breaks new ground, as we build transformational AI technology and products for enterprise and developers to harness the power of LLMs.
Cohere was founded by three global leaders in AI development, including our CEO, Aidan Gomez, who co-created the Transformer, which makes LLMs possible. Collectively, we're driven by the belief that our technology has the potential to revolutionize the way enterprises, their employees, and customers engage with technology through language.
Cohere’s broader research team is world-renowned, having contributed to the development of sentence transformers for semantic search, dynamic adversarial data collection and red teaming, and retrieval augmented generation, often referred to as “RAG,” among other technological breakthroughs.
We have been deliberate in assembling a team of operational leaders with industry-leading experience, with backgrounds working at the most sophisticated, demanding, and respected enterprises in the world. Cohere’s operational leaders have built, scaled, and led multi-billion product lines and businesses at Google, Apple, Rakuten, YouTube, AWS, and Cisco.
The Cohere team is a collective from all walks of life, from people who left college to start businesses, to some of the most experienced people from globally renowned companies. We believe a diverse team is the key to a safer, more responsible technology, and that different experiences and backgrounds enable us to tackle problems from all angles and avoid blindspots.
There’s no better time to play a role in defining the future of AI, and its impact on the world.
Why this role?
As the Office Manager for our Cohere London site, you’ll be the first face our employees and guests see! Our office is dog friendly, has comfy couches and a lot of hardworking people that come in everyday. You’ll manage everything from all the behind-the-scenes logistics to coordinating fun culture events in order to ensure an incredible experience for employees and guests. You are someone who is beyond organized and on-top of things, excited to wear many hats and take on new challenges that come with working at a fast growing start-up. You’ll have a lot of responsibility in this role and you will be impactful in making our office culture amazing.
This position is based onsite (we’re located in Oxford Circus) and you must be available to be in the office 5 days a week - remote work is not permitted for this position.
As our Office Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the office space throughout business hours for both employees and guests
- The overall appearance of our office, ensuring it is tidy and organized, and creating a welcoming, engaging and comfortable environment for anyone who comes into the space
- Ordering, maintaining, and restocking office supplies, drinks and snacks
- Managing vendor relations including cleaners, linen service, food vendors, etc
- Addressing and managing any building and office-related issues (i.e coordinate repairs or maintenance)
- Office-wide communications (i.e Slack messages) for company holidays, events and other important announcements
- Tracking and recognizing employee anniversaries and collaborating with managers to order employee gifts and care packages
- Coordinating and arranging catering for monthly in-office town halls and other meetings (you’ve got the pulse on London restaurants & venues for catering and event options!)
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 3+ years in an office management role
- Exhibit sound judgment, problem solving skills, and the ability to support and partner with people across all functions and levels of the company
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail and very organized
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bring a track record of successfully project managing on-site events and collaborating with external vendors
- Are comfortable with change; adjusting appropriately based on leadership or the company's needs
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.