Senior Product Manager, Foundation Models
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Who are we?
We’re a team of engineers, thinkers, and champions whose aim is to give technology language. Every day our team is breaking new ground, as we build transformational AI technology and products for enterprise and developers that wish to harness the power of Large Language Models.
We're driven by ambition, as we firmly believe that our technology has the potential to revolutionise the way industries engage with natural language. Our strong technical foundation speaks for itself, with our team composed of world-class experts who have collectively accumulated hundreds of thousands of citations in academia.
The Cohere team is a collective of college dropouts, PhDs, alumni of big tech and scrappy start-ups, new grads and career pivots, who believe a diverse team is the key to a safer, more responsible technology. At Cohere, work isn’t the opposite of play, as we build the future of language AI with team members on almost every continent in the world, working from high rises, cabins, tour buses, and dog-friendly offices.
There’s no better time to herald the next step with us as we shape the future of Generative AI.
Why this role?
Product Managers have the unique opportunity and responsibility to both define product vision and drive results. On this team, you’ll get to work with one of the leading AI and NLP teams in the world and grow the product vision and company culture.
As a Senior Product Manager, your responsibilities include:
Customer Engagement and Research
- Work with developers and enterprise customers to understand their needs and pain points through feedback, focus groups, customer interviews, conferences, etc.
- Research the competitive landscape, industry trends, and stay up to date on the latest AI and deep learning papers from leading conferences (NeurIPS, ICLR, etc.) to find new ideas and inspire the team
- Analyze product data to understand usage and find opportunities for improvement
- Work with leadership to shape and understand company strategy and goals
Design and Product Development
- Leverage insights from customer engagement to define and prioritize a product roadmap
- Spec and design improvements and features, including defining metrics for success
- Propose new initiatives and features
- Work with partners and leadership to prioritize short and long-term investments
- Make tradeoffs during unforeseen challenges uncovered in the development process
- Lead internal product planning, coordinating team resources and informing stakeholders
- Ensure projects are rolled out with clear metrics and hypotheses and define the next steps for success
- Market and celebrate successes and document learnings, internally and externally
Team and Company Impact
- Embrace adjacent roles and responsibilities per team and project needs -- it’s a startup after all!
- Promote a culture of learning and listening
You may be a good fit, if you have:
- 5+ years of product management experience with at least 2 years of experience working handson with NLP, Deep Learning, and/or LLMs
- Direct experience guiding the work of research inspired teams building AI models and products.
- Direct experience making highly technical products simple and usable and launching them to enterprise customers.
- A scrappy, startup mentality to move fast, iterate quickly, learn on the go, and take initiative
- Great communication and interpersonal skills working across different teams, personalities, and working styles
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field (math, EE, etc.), or relevant technical experience.
- [Bonus] Advanced technical degree (MS or PhD), or a background in machine learning, algorithms, large scale systems, and statistics
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.