Technical Support Specialist
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Who are we?
We’re a team of engineers, thinkers, and champions whose aim is to give technology language. Every day our team is breaking new ground, as we build transformational AI technology and products for enterprise and developers that wish to harness the power of Large Language Models.
We're driven by ambition, as we firmly believe that our technology has the potential to revolutionise the way industries engage with natural language. Our strong technical foundation speaks for itself, with our team composed of world-class experts who have collectively accumulated hundreds of thousands of citations in academia.
The Cohere team is a collective of college dropouts, PhDs, alumni of big tech and scrappy start-ups, new grads and career pivots, who believe a diverse team is the key to a safer, more responsible technology. At Cohere, work isn’t the opposite of play, as we build the future of language AI with team members on almost every continent in the world, working from high rises, cabins, tour buses, and dog-friendly offices.
There’s no better time to herald the next step with us as we shape the future of Generative AI.
Why this role?
The Customer Support team at Cohere ensures our Users and our Customers have an exceptional experience discovering, onboarding, and using our platform. Our teams’ goal is to optimize retention, drive new usage, and minimize churn.
Our Customer Support team seeks an analytical, collaborative, and customer-focused Technical Support Specialist. If you are passionate about learning more about NLP and are a strong team player, this is the career growth opportunity for you! The sky's the limit for Cohere’s potential, and you’ll make an impact helping us reach it.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London but embrace being remote-first! We seek a candidate based in the UK/Europe for this role.
The Customer Support team:
- Solves customer onboarding and usage challenges
- Troubleshoots across the Cohere platform
- Accelerates Customers’ time to production usage
- Influences across the organization drawing upon Customer and User feedback
- Makes an impact solving recurring issues and enabling Users to better employ our models
- Earns Customer loyalty and love by building successful repeatable and scalable processes
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will:
- Be the trusted point of contact for Customers and Users of the Cohere platform by providing them with technical and product support
- Provide strong support to our Users and our Customers through a variety of channels (ie. Email, Chat, Slack, Discord)
- Be a product expert: advising on how to best bring projects to life, partnering with our Cloud Partners, providing solutions to product questions, troubleshooting, fine tuning, managing deployment, and more
- Provide knowledge, wisdom and timely support to our Customers and Users who are integrating our products into their products by deploying via our API, through a partner cloud, or on-prem.
- Remove obstacles & advocate internally for our Users and our Customers while being their strong and trusted partner & LLM guide
- Triage escalated cases to relevant teams at Cohere (ie. Product, Engineering)
The Technical Support Specialist role is a good match for you if you have:
- 3+ years of experience working on a Product Support team or a Technical Support team at a growing SAAS or PAAS organization with Enterprise level/F100 customers
- Strong experiences supporting Infra with cloud-based products and API-based products, while using Python, Intercom, and Linear
- A passion for and flourish in partnering with and solving challenges for Customers & Users
- The ability to communicate with and relate with authenticity to technical and non-technical audiences
- Curiosity and a desire to learn deeply about LLMs
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.