Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Who are we?
We’re a team of engineers, thinkers, and champions whose aim is to give technology language. Every day our team is breaking new ground, as we build transformational AI technology and products for enterprise and developers that wish to harness the power of Large Language Models.
We're driven by ambition, as we firmly believe that our technology has the potential to revolutionise the way industries engage with natural language. Our strong technical foundation speaks for itself, with our team composed of world-class experts who have collectively accumulated hundreds of thousands of citations in academia.
The Cohere team is a collective of college dropouts, PhDs, alumni of big tech and scrappy start-ups, new grads and career pivots, who believe a diverse team is the key to a safer, more responsible technology. At Cohere, work isn’t the opposite of play, as we build the future of language AI with team members on almost every continent in the world, working from high rises, cabins, tour buses, and dog-friendly offices.
There’s no better time to herald the next step with us as we shape the future of Generative AI.
As a senior level individual contributor our Partner Manager will have the opportunity to build Cohere’s partner ecosystem to scale. The Partner Manager will directly impact our revenue growth working closely with our global partners and internal teams. You’ll lay the foundation for Cohere’s partner growth, directly impacting and improving Cohere’s go-to-market strategy. In this highly self-directed role, you should be someone who thrives in an unstructured environment and quickly evolving environment. And your opportunity for impact will be astronomical — Cohere has skies-the-limit potential, and you’ll help us reach it.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto and London but embrace being remote-first! We are looking for candidates based in Canada or the United States for this role.
As our Partner Manager, your responsibilities include:
- Developing Cohere’s partner ecosystem including the development of partnership strategy with consulting firms, system integrators, BPO’s and similar
- Defining clear end-to-end value propositions for partners
- Building a commercial program for all partner models & prioritizing partner models based on expected value generation and efforts required to build/maintain
- Enabling partner models including developing & managing partner onboarding programs
- Providing detailed & ongoing training through channels
- Building partner recruitment and advocacy programs
- Developing a platform for partner engagement, integration, building add-ons, and more
You may be a good fit, if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar Partner Manager role
- 3+ years of experience working for a global consulting firm
- Experience managing B2B go-to-market processes (GTM motions, partner ecosystems, routes to market)
- A proven track record collaborating with partners and sales & product teams
- Strong experiences taking initiative and identifying consequences & risk
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to effectively manage ambiguity
- Great communication & interpersonal skills, highly structured, experience building frameworks
- Experience in the Tech Startup, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning or Tech Infra industry is a strong plus
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.