Software Engineering, Data Science
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2023
Who are we?
We’re a team of engineers, thinkers, and champions whose aim is to give technology language. Every day our team is breaking new ground, as we build transformational AI technology and products for enterprise and developers that wish to harness the power of Large Language Models.
We're driven by ambition, as we firmly believe that our technology has the potential to revolutionise the way industries engage with natural language. Our strong technical foundation speaks for itself, with our team composed of world-class experts who have collectively accumulated hundreds of thousands of citations in academia.
The Cohere team is a collective of college dropouts, PhDs, alumni of big tech and scrappy start-ups, new grads and career pivots, who believe a diverse team is the key to a safer, more responsible technology. At Cohere, work isn’t the opposite of play, as we build the future of language AI with team members on almost every continent in the world, working from high rises, cabins, tour buses, and dog-friendly offices.
There’s no better time to herald the next step with us as we shape the future of Generative AI.
Why this role?
As an AI Engineer (a Member of Technical Staff role on our Forward Deployed team) you will work directly with customers to quickly understand their greatest problems and design and implement solutions using Large Language Models.
You’ll apply your problem-solving ability, creativity, and technical skills to close the last-mile gap in Enterprise AI adoption. You’ll be able to deliver products like early startup CTOs/CEOs do and disrupt some of the most important industries and institutions globally!
In this role, you will:
- Own and build large new areas within our product.
- Work across backend, frontend, and customize Large Language Models.
- Experiment at a high velocity and level of quality to engage our customers and eventually deliver solutions that exceed their expectations.
- Work across the entire product lifecycle from conceptualization through production.
This career opportunity may be a good match for you if you have:
- 3+ years of model training, deployment, and maintenance in a production environment.
- Strong skills in NLP and deep learning.
- Experience scaling products at hyper-growth startup.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and interest to travel up to 25%, as needed to client sites, but flexible based on personal preferences.
Nice to have skills/experiences:
- Experience improving LLM performance for custom domains via fine tuning or RLHF.
- Experience in Information Retrieval systems for document question answering.
- Experience in day-to-day NLP for industry using Python and related toolchains (SpaCy, HuggingFace, NLTK, etc.).
- Published research in areas of machine learning at major conferences and/or journals.
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, San-Francisco and London and co-working stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
Note: This post is co-authored by both Cohere humans and Cohere technology.