Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Who are we?
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world and to make them safely accessible to all. Language is at the crux of this, but it can be difficult and expensive to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. The Cohere platform provides access to Large Language Models through its APIs that read billions of web pages and learns to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use in a richness never seen before.
We've raised our Series B, signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with natural language. And we have the technical chops to back it up - Cohere’s CEO, Aidan Gomez, is a co-author of the groundbreaking paper “Attention is all you need”, and was previously part of Google Brain. Our entire technical team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto and London but embrace being remote-first! We are looking for candidates based in Toronto for this role.
As a Sales Development Representative a typical day might include:
- Contact and qualify prospects through cold calls, emails, and meetings, with the goal of booking demos for the Account Executives
- Developing strategies to maximize your success and collaborate with Account Executives, Marketing, Product, and Partnerships
- Getting to know the product, CRM, sales pipeline and understanding the qualification & sales process
- Collaborate with the Sales and Marketing teams on outbound account-specific email campaigns to drive pipeline
- Be comfortable taking introductory customer calls and providing company overview
You may be a good fit if:
- You have 2+ years experience in a similar role or at a SaaS company
- You are highly motivated and love to engage with new prospects
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and working in a dynamic environment
- You are passionate about NLP technology and becoming an expert in the space
- You are collaborative: you naturally share ideas and never lose sight that you are part of a team
- You enjoy making connections and starting conversations with new people (and are OK with the rejection that naturally comes with the role)
- You are a positive person, with the ability to shine under pressure
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all. We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing an equal opportunity process. Cohere provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London and coworking stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation
See more open positions at Cohere
Something looks off?